Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

kayt488's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jan 15, 2018 8:27 PM

Unhappy customer

I had called at the start of the year i was moving and was going to have my direct TV moved with me but after learning the lease i had signed stated i can NOT put up a dish at my new apartment. I called and explained this to them when they told me id have to pay a $400 dollar cancellation fee I explained to them once more that it wasn't my fault that i couldn't have it at my new apartment the guy i was speaking to told me that it was okay that i can dispute my bill once i received it. I called about three days later to tell them i hadn't revived the box so i could send back the DVR i had because i moved and they sent it to the wrong address i provided them with the new address and they said it was fine and i wouldn't be held responsible for this, Again i asked about how to dispute my bill and i got the run around. I finally got my bill in the mail and called to get someone to come out and read my lease stating that i couldn't have the Direct TV service here and they tell me that i can NOT dispute this and they will NOT give me credit for this. I asked to speak with a supervisors after 20 minutes of trying to explain this to someone and them not getting NOW they told me i was being transfer ed my phone has been being transferred for about 20 minutes no one checking in or answering at all. This is SOME of the worst customer service i have ever gotten.

buzzard1

Scholar

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Call them back and ask for a supervisor.  Sometimes you can get another person who understands your problem better.

Tour_Guy_Bob

Scholar

• 

242 Messages

5 years ago

@kayt488

I'm not sure why you were told what you were, but the ECF doesn't get waived if your new landlord won't allow the dish to be installed, as they can't tell you you're not allowed to as per federal regulation. The only surefire way it would've been waived is if we couldn't achieve a line of sight to get you the service.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.