Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Oscar1987zp's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Tue, Mar 15, 2016 9:04 PM

what are the extra charges or fees for the Directv service?

Hi there , well I am not a existing customer , I will soon, I am pretty much interested in the select package I think this is the one which fits better in what I need, however as a newcomer to the service I do not have any idea of the extra charges for the service, and I do not want surprises in my bill, I know I have to pay for the receiver, and additional boxes for each Tv at home, and other stuff. well thank you so much in advance for everybody=)

rpm0629

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

I get a paper bill and read it every month. This is not the first time I have questioned a charge on my bill which the extra was removed. It doesn't matter if there was a insert or not and I don't like the remark assuming I may have ignored a insert or comment that was not there. You say in a earlier post that Directv has contracts with providers and I am sure they expect them to live up to their contracts. You advertised a 2 year deal when I was looking for service. Nowhere was said I may see a increase. If such a thing was going to happen it should have been brought to my attention then. I agreed on a 2 year deal which I have never missed or been late on a payment. If this is how you treat good customers I surely will not be renewing with Directv. I will pay my contract amount and if my bill is not corrected I will be looking eslewhere and it seems you will be in violation of our 2 year agreement.

Directv was a stand up company and then they let at&t in and it seems like service and honor is on a downhill slide.

mreg376

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

6 y ago

I think it's pretty clear that you have no idea what you're talking about, throughout this entire thread.  You've been wrong about the hardware, wrong about the service plans, wrong about fees.  I think's it's pretty fair to say that relying on anything you say about your bill or what is going on is a waste of time.

All of the DirecTV's new customer two-year agreements, at least in recent memory, come with lower prices the first year and higher prices the second year. You take it or you leave it.  This is as plain as day for anyone who can read at a sixth grade level. Also, in case you've been living under a rock, ALL TV providers have been struggling with content providers and the increases they want from the carriers.

You're the type of customer no carrier wants -- ignorant of the facts, self-serving memory, and a welfare mentality of entitlement.   You should quit DirecTV and find a carrier that will give you the price you want and ask your permission before any increases.

rpm0629

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

Hey j*&k, You better know what you are talking about before you make stupid remarks.  I did pay a lower price the first year and am paying a higher price this 2nd year as agreed. Then a few months later you try and get more money than agreed upon. We agreed on something when I first signed up and you sent some dummy out  and tried to get my to accept some trash equipment. I called within 24hrs. to cancel and someone from direct tv ask what need to be done for me not to cancel. All I said is send me what you offering in your add. I was canceling and directv wanted me to stay. There were notes taken. Go read them before you start accussing and opening your mouth and get CLEAR on who wanted who to stay and what was going on. HEY DU**&^IE I CAN READ I AM NOT YOUR NEIGHBOR UNDER A ROCK. I PAID THE LOWER AMOUNT (THE ONE YOU GET PEOPLE INTERESTED IN)AND PAID THE HIGHER AMOUNT WITH NO PROBLEM. THINGS WERE FINE UNTIL MORE MONEY FOR NOTHING WAS WANTED. 

With your remarks and how you handle situations is going to take this company way down. Your lucky I am not in mangement and see how you reply because the only place for you to work would be the unemployment line.

This will be my last reply. I will not stoop to your ignorance. and I will also take this thread up with Directv and higher. 

You have a nice day.

mreg376

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

6 y ago

Yet another thing you're wrong about -- I don't work for DirecTV.

I think your most recent rant proves the point of my post.

rpm0629

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

Yes, I know you don't work for directv. I called them. I found out you are not intelligent enough to work for them. They have something you don't have, and that is class. Talking with directv and smart people things can be resolved also something you have no idea about. Being smart. I pitty you because you have no life and and probably no friends. That is why you hang around forums causing trouble and making it look like companys hire the likes of you. You are just a wanna be stumbling through life with no direction and I feel very sorry for you.

I see your point now, you are just a wanna be...

mreg376

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

6 y ago

I know I shouldn't get involved in discussions with 10-year-olds...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

You just forgot to read the Fine, Fine print in your contract like I did.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Same thing happened to me ----was told 2 yrs ago---my bill would not go over $88 as they were committed to keeping prices low----what a crock---the channel line-up is the same price, but equipment fees are on the rise---even though my equipment was working fine, after water damage put me out of my home for 4 months---Direct TV came out to put us back together ---was told old equipment  wouldn't take updates and I needed new----said it would be about the same price as old equipment-----old receiver didn't record as much as new one, but it was fine and was used in Living room--had standard for bedroom and that too was fine---did NOT need fancy to watch tv.----went from 1 DVR/standard to Genie Gen2/Genie mini---and bill is going

steadily up---what was $23 is now $30.00+tax with 2 increases in the last 2 months----as I said I don't need fancy---is there any other alternative to rising prices???

Equipment:

WHOLE HOME DVR--------------------------$3.00

HD--------------------------------------------------$10.00

DVR------------------------------------------------$10.00

Genie mini----------------------------------------$7.00

4k---------------------------------------------------$0.00

Why so many charges for 2 receivers??????????  Is there a way to be able to go back to simple???

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

5 y ago

@Nevadaretiree

The fees are for different things.

The $10 HD, $10 DVR, and $3 Whole Home DVR are for your receiver services. These are for the account, unlike other providers which can charge $10 - $17 for each HDDVR or advanced HDDVR.

The $7 is the additional tv/client fee. The primary tv is covered by your package, and you pay $7 for each additional tv no matter what kind of box it uses. This way they "mirror" your programming and services to each additional tv without having to charge you a full package for every tv on the service (like some of the early options looked at when pay tv was first created).

The only way to get rid of receiver services, is to get rid of all boxes that use it. As long as you have one DVR, you pay for DVR service. The Genie is Directv's advanced Whole Home HDDVR so you are required to have all 3 receiver services.

So the only way to remove additional tv/client fees is to reduce the number of tvs you have active with the service. To reduce your receiver services you would have to change from the Genie/Mini Genie Clients to SDDVR, or to non-DVR if you didn't want to pay for DVR either.

Replacing with SD options may be limited, because SD setups were grandfathered in late 2014. New customers now get HD setups, most commonly with the Genie. And though they have HD service included, their receiver service is $15 and they pay the $7 tv fee for the primary tv as well. So in the end the cost is about the same overall.

You expected the bill never to be over $88? That would require a very low end setup as Directv is a luxury tv service. If the 2yrs ago you mention (a little longer obviously as you have the old itemization setup) was when you started, then your 1st year was a discounted price, not a price lock. Even once you are at regular cost, prices can change. If networks raise their costs, which can affect receiver services, then sometimes that causes the customer's bill to be higher. We recently went through one of these price adjustments. Good things is that this doesn't happen every year.

Now some channels are in lower costing packages then they used to be. There is also a new package called Preferred Xtra that is for those who like little to no sports, cheaper than Xtra, and not subject to an RSN fee if you have one. So I would review your programming to see if there is now a better fitting package for you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Not true on free service calls. Lightning hit one of my receivers that I am Leasing from DirecTV. When I called them about replacing it they said I would have to pay a $50 service call fee for a technician to come out and install the new receiver because I did not have the service plan and they would not send me the receiver and let me install myself. I refused to pay a service call fee on equipment that belong to DirecTV.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.7K Messages

4 y ago

Service calls are $99 and most likely they want to check that everything still meets their specs as lighting strikes can fry more then the receivers.  You can always lease a receiver online at the full up front lease price.

You own everything but the receivers so $50 to replace the dish and wiring if need is a good price.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Why am I being charged every 30 days rather than once a month. I was charged on 12/1 and again on 12/31. When I  called the guy said you charge every 30 days. That equals an extra payment every year. My friend pays once a month on the same day of the month.  We signed up at the same time. Will be contacting FTC, FCC, and my Attorney General. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

4 y ago

@77Scotty, that makes no sense.  My bill date is the 7th of every month, not every 30 days.  

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

4 y ago

@77Scotty

Directv bills once a month.

For example: If you started service on 1/2 that would bill your bill start date with a billing month 1/2 - 2/1 (2/2 - 3/1, 3/2 - 4/1, etc). Bill produces day 2 and mails out. The bill is due day 20. If you are auto bill pay with credit card the payment goes through they day the bill produces. If a debit card day 15.

However I now see when logged into my account they now offer for you to chose your auto pay date. This has been something requested for a long time.

As for the different dates for your payment, that is unusual. Unless you were combining Directv services onto your AT&T bill (joint billing which sometimes causes a one-time change in the billing cycle so they match), then bill dates should not change. You would need to discuss with Directv about why two auto payments do not match on the date.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.