Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

D

• 

1 Message

Fri, Oct 1, 2021 6:09 AM

When will BloombergTV return to the channel lineup?

When will BloombergTV return to channel lineup?

ACE - Professor

• 

12 Messages

15 d ago

Juniper said that.

"TV providers do not own the channels."

Not *entirely* true and here's possible examples:

Charter Spectrum has a news channel in my area, available only to their customers. AT&T owns a few regional sports networks, as does Spectrum. Hulu is owned by Disney and (for now), Comcast. I'd bet that Disney, ESPN and NBC channels will find easy to negotiate with Hulu.

DirecTV once owned Audience.

Hallmark once was off AT&T U-Verse for several years. It eventually came back. Maybe there's hope for Bloomberg.

They won't give an automatic discount for missing a channel, but a promotion may exist. Of course, if you don't call in, you'll never know.

(edited)

Curlymoe

Scholar

• 

10 Messages

14 d ago

For those missing Bloomberg, I was able to find Bloomberg Media channel on Roku. It may also on other devices - Apple tv, Android tv and Amazon Fire best I can tell.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

14 d ago

Fair enough that there are a few exceptions to channel ownership. The main point is they have to negotiate to continue carriage with channels they do not own and cannot force them to stay.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

156 Messages

13 d ago

For those who seriously cannot live without Bloomberg, be my guest and ditch the RG6 cable. All forum ACE's try very hard to solve common problems and questions posted on the forum every couple hours. It's people like you @Curlymoe that make volunteer jobs harder and less fun. I appreciate the fact that you are opinion-minded about Bloomberg, but if you want go ahead and throw a rock at your dish. I'm sure there are other providers out there that can accommodate your needs. Thank you.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

13 d ago

And even streaming options have their own Terms of Service that content may change. So if you do not care about ToS as you've stated before, then don't subscribe to any TV or other service as all businesses have a ToS in one form or another.

Curlymoe

Scholar

• 

10 Messages

12 d ago

detuch254 - I am deeply sorry to have made your life's work less fun.

Let me point out that my last post actually offered a constructive option for access to Bloomberg hence potentially solving a problem for those who value Bloomberg. This is something that self important, judgemental pontificators were unable to do. I did not suggest throwing a rock.

ATT actually DID offer a financial compromise even though the "terms of service" do not require it. I give them credit for taking customer service seriously; that was a pleasant surprise though it did take speaking up to get some attention.

Carry on your important work.

Over and out.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

11 d ago

come on guys, get this fixed. don't make me go to Dish or cable. 

Do it now.

Constructive

Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 d ago

@akwalkersr  it’s a done deal it isn’t coming back anytime soon. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

11 d ago

@Curlymoe 

Over and out.

Just a bit of trivia. The proword "Over" indicates transmission complete, response expected. However "Out" is transmission complete, no response expected. So they are not used together, just like you wouldn't use "Roger" and "Wilco" together.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

11 d ago

@akwalkersr 

Go where you want as DirecTV is not getting Bloomberg back in the foreseeable future. I for one am glad they didn't cave to high rates. The less that raises my bill the better.

Remember nowhere you go is immune to this. All providers go through these negotiations. Seems Bloomberg is taking a harder road than most.

• 

4 Messages

3 d ago

BTV is back. I've paid for the channels y'all watch; thanks for paying for the channel I watch.

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.