Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

mgn210's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Jan 14, 2018 5:28 PM

Where can I see when my contract expire?

Where can I see when my contract expire? I can see terms of service which is rather generic, but where can I find my specific contract information? When it expires and what my options are (e.g. month by month after contract expire or new contract starts automatically).

Let me know please.

Thanks

Mark

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

5 years ago

You have to call DTV for the exact date but it is 2 years after the install unless you have extended it by moving or getting upgrades, after it is up you are month to month.

800.531.5000 | Pay Bill | Order Movies | Refresh Your Receivers
General support is available every day, 8 a.m. – 12 a.m. ET
Technical support is available 24 hours a day

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

5 years ago

The only way to find your service agreement date is calling Directv 1-800-531-5000. The reason why practically all companies have you call in, is the most common reason is a customer is considering cancelling. So they want a live agent to discuss with you the situation and see what they can do to retain your business.

Agreements do not automatically renew, and the service doesn't automatically cancel at the end of your agreement (heard some people have this weird thought). When agreement expires, all it means is you can close your account without getting an early cancellation fee (ECF).

Upgrades of equipment and moving service come with a service agreement. Sometimes a programming or discount offer may as well, but depends on the exact special.

We are customers like yourself so if you have questions regarding your current equipment, possibly upgrading, or other guidance on programming we can provide useful information in many cases. And I would say that long term customers are sometimes a better source of information then agents from the AT&T side who are new to Directv since the acquisition. So feel free to post back if you are checking anything else.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.