Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

D

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022 3:47 PM

Add 2nd wvb to hs17-500

Hi. I just had a hs17-500 with 6 wireless minis installed. 2 have a weak signal and one won’t connect. Can I install an older  wvb from Amazon

DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers (Require HR34, HR44 or HR54)

to extend the signal?  If yes, I just split the incoming signal and run one cable to the hs17 and one to the 2nd wvb?

thanks

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

You can have an external WVB along with the Genie-2's built-in one. You cannot use a "generic" one as DirecTV only uses their proprietary equipment.

Other than it must be wired on the coax, and provides up to 80 feet range (in ideal conditions), I am not sure of the exact wiring setup on it. Hopefully others who have done the install themselves can give clarification on that part.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Ok. So any directv WVB?  The one on Amazon says “Require HR34, HR44 or HR54”. Is there a newer model you know of?  I have not had directv in quite awhile when I was using multi-switches. 

(edited)

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44K Messages

2 months ago

There's only one WVB model. It will work fine with your HS17.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks

And that’s this one?

DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers (Require HR34, HR44 or HR54)

https://a.co/d/eu73mXd

and I split where it comes into the house. One to HS17 and one to the other WVB?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

2 months ago

You need a SWM splitter and you have to connect the red power pass through port to the HS17.  Doesn't matter where you put it.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.