Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

scottchcez's profile
scottchcez
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 12, 2019 7:39 PM

AM21 Broke for the Free Over the Air Local, is the LCC out yet?

My AM21 just broke.  Its no longer sold.

I am not in a TV market there the new Local Channel Connector is out yet.

When I can I order one.
Here is the support page for it so we all know it is coming (some CSRs must not know about it yet).

For me there are 30 local channels not on the SAT that I can get with the local USB Tuner plugged into the Genie.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv/KM1268158?gsi=aWcf9jUK

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

3 y ago

Any programs set to record will even while the guide is rebuilding.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

3 y ago

Nobody here knows when the LCC will be available outside of Las Vegas and Salt Lake City.

You can find AM21's on eBay, though. 

dod1450

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

3 y ago

Why is Las Vega selected? I think Salt Lake was selected since they had lost their NBC station due to a contract issue.

It is amazing that the HR-54 upgrade has the USB feature enable and Directv will NOT ship the LCC to the customers who would like to have LCC in their DMR location.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

3 y ago

No one here knows why they are testing it in Vegas and yes Salt Lake was added because of the contract dispute. DTV will release it when they do.

dod1450

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

3 y ago

Thank you. I have three am-21s and I am only using one of them. The other two don't know what to do with? Smiley Very Happy

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

3 y ago

@dod1450 wrote:

Thank you. I have three am-21s and I am only using one of them. The other two don't know what to do with? Smiley Very Happy

eBay

scottchcez

Teacher

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

The AM-21 does not work on the new HS17. 

Plus they have the very old 10 year old chipset and have multipath issues.

I would wait for the LCC, unless you can get an AM21 real cheap.  I think the new LCC  USB tuners will be $50 new.  Someone said maybe $19.  DIsh networks is $30 I think.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

I have two AM21s hooked up to two HR24s that suddenly stopped working about a year ago.  I get an error message that the OTA tuners have been removed.  Rebooting, disconnecting/reconnecting, etc. doesn't have any effect.  Is there a way to get them back up and running or are they no longer compatible with the HR24? 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

3 y ago

@vinman1 wrote:

I have two AM21s hooked up to two HR24s that suddenly stopped working about a year ago.  I get an error message that the OTA tuners have been removed.  Rebooting, disconnecting/reconnecting, etc. doesn't have any effect.  Is there a way to get them back up and running or are they no longer compatible with the HR24? 

AM21 is still compatible with HR24s.  Very unusual for two AM21s to die at the same time. 

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

Yeah, that's what I thought too, it doesn't seem likely but I don't know what to make of it.  So, there's no special procedure for getting these things up and running again or do you think they're both just dead, as odd as that seems?

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

3 y ago

You can try resetting the Off-Air Antenna process ....

1. Disconnect the AM21 power & USB connection
  2. Reset the HR24 and let it reboot without the AM21 connected
  3. Remove the HR24 power
  4. Reconnect the AM21 power and USB cable
  5. Repower/reboot the HR24
  6. Repeat the Off Air Antenna setup, if possible.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes, thanks for your help.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

Quick question for you litzdog911, I seem to remember reading something about the guide data being cleared out if you reboot twice within 30 minutes, is that correct?

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

3 y ago

@vinman1 wrote:

Quick question for you litzdog911, I seem to remember reading something about the guide data being cleared out if you reboot twice within 30 minutes, is that correct?

Yes.  Two reboots within 30-min will flush the Guide database and force a rebuild. 

Or you can simply do a Keyword Search on CLEARMYBOX, which does the same thing. 

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

Actually the reason I was asking was because I’m going to try the procedure that you suggested to get my AM21 working again and I wanted to know if that was going to result in an in intentional clearing of the guide.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.