Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

1971FB's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Feb 19, 2016 5:22 AM

Awful directv "installation" experience

Recently added directv to my AT&T account. For a month I've been going back and forth with customer service about my installation issues. The first technician to show up said he wouldn't be able to mount the dish on the outside of my apartment building where there a clearly about ten already mounted. He said the I live on the "wrong side of the building" to get service. What a completely ridiculous statement. I showed him the cables from the other sattelite dishes going up over the roof and down the other side of the building, passing right down the side of my living room window. I don't install satellite dishes for a living, but it seemed fairly obvious to me how this whole set up should have gone together. He suggested I switch to comcast, said someone would call me to set up a second opinion with a different tech, and left. A week later, a different tech shows up and obviously has no interest whatsoever in helping me. He had a dismissive attitude, as though he went into the situation like it was a job with a built-in excuse. He said he didn't want to go on the flat roof of my 4 story apartment building. At some point in the past, some very brave man with nerves of steel climbed a ladder and attached some cables to my roof to provide service to other tenants, but that goal is unachievable by today's satellite dish

installers, I suppose. I'm waiting for a third time, scheduled for this Saturday so I don't have to take any more time off work. I really only added directv to lower my bill with the added unlimited data plan. Now AT&T is sending messages telling me I may have my plan cancelled because there was no directv install. It's kind of spiraling out of control over here. Just figured I'd share this absurdity with you kind folks.

tra789

Former Employee

• 

59 Messages

7 years ago

Its hard to give a company your money nowadays!

buckeyegoose

Scholar

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

No, actualy the two techs are ahering to DirecTV installation standards, the previous install probaly were installed by subcontractors who were paid by the job and got creative with the previous installs.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Just figured I'd give an update. A fully competent and able tech named John came by and completed the installation without an issue. I knew it could be done. It's a shame that I had to go through such a ridiculous ordeal just to get a dish installed, but it's nice to know there are folks out there who are willing to do the jobs they're being paid to do.

Sky456

Former Employee

• 

889 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the update!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.