Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

• 

1 Message

Wed, Sep 29, 2021 12:56 PM

Can I move a secondary genie to a new tv?

I currently have the genie and 2 secondary units. Can I move one of those secondary genies off of one tv and attach it to a new tv?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

goldw1800

ACE - Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

2 m ago

Yes  you can as long as the new location has the same connections as the location your moving from.

If your using a rg6 connection it will need to be connected to your swim  connector where you will need to remove the rg6 from your old location.

If your connected wireless then just move the receiver and see if your wireless bridge can connect .

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

2 m ago

The Genie (HR34 and up) and Mini Genie Clients (what I believe you mean by "secondary units"), as well as other non-Genie type receivers, are not tied to a specific TV. As long as you have the correct coax setup in the room you can rearrange as needed.

Any wireless Clients (C41W and C61W), just need to have good signal from the wireless video bridge (WVB).

Genie-2 (HS17) being a server tower instead of a regular receiver, not sure if it can move as easily.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.