Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

titanic66's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sun, Dec 8, 2013 6:38 PM

CLINETS STILL FREZZING

GOOD AFTERNOON

DOES ANYBODY STILL HAVE ISSUES ON THE CLINETS FREEZING, I HAVE THE GENIE HR34-700 NEW SOFTWARE OX799, AND THE TWO CLINETS C31-700 AND C41-700 SOFTWARE OX734 NEW SOFTWARE WENT IN ON  WED 12/4/13 4:21AM I AM STILL HAVING ISSUES. AND LET ME KNOW IS THE HR 34 GOING TO BE REPLACE WITH THE HR44.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

ARNIE G   FROM RIVERHEAD NY

Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

898 Messages

9 y مضت

If you get a replacement for HR34, it's a "like for like" swap. So an HR34 would be replaced with an HR34.. For some reason it doesn't give a choice when upgrading to genie to Choose a 34/44.

As for freezing.. can you be more specific? Like does it freeze and eventually work, or freeze until you have to manually reset the receiver? Is it doing it on a certain channel, or just in general? Is it constant or intermittent?

-Jen

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 y مضت

I WAS WATCHING THE SANTA CLAUS ON ABC FAMILY THE WEATHER IN NEW YORK WAS CLEAR, AND I HAD FREEZING ON THE WEATHER CHANNEL IT WAS 2 TIMES FREZZING IT WAS ONLY ABOUT 1 SEC I WANTE TO KNOW IF I STILL HAD ISSUES

ARNIE FROM RIVERHEAD NY

Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

898 Messages

9 y مضت

I just checked in my system, and I'm not seeing any reports for the weather channel having freezing/pixelation. I
just checked the weather channel (362) and I didn't see any freezing. If this issue is going on constantly, and it is not snowing, than I would call in and report it. It is possible that it is occuring for more people. However since it isn't freezing for me, it might be an internal error with your receiver.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 y مضت

THANK YOU SO MUCH

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I WILL CALL DIRECTV TO HAVE THEM COME OVER AND CHECK THE RECEIVER.

JENNY HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS, AND THANK YOU FOR SPENDING TIME TO WRIGHT  AND ANSWER MY QUESTION.

ARNIE G RIVERHEAD NY

Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

898 Messages

9 y مضت

I hope this gets resolved for you as soon as possible. You're very welcome.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 y مضت

THANKS AGAIN, I RESET EVERYTHING, IF IT HAPPENS TONIGHT I WILL CALL DIRECTV TONIGHT TO HAVE THEM COME OVER AND CHECK IT, IF I NEED ANOTHER RECEIVER.

THANK YOU AGAIN

ARNIE G RIVERHEAD NY

Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

898 Messages

9 y مضت

I replace hr34 with Hr44 almost every other day

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 y مضت

THANK YOU I WILL REMEMBER THAT BRIASAK78

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT

ARNIE RIVERHEAD NY

Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

898 Messages

9 y مضت

So you're saying it gives you an option? Because if you're using OMS, then that's a fib..

Li-Daniel

Guru

• 

898 Messages

9 y مضت

You can service swap an whole home dvr in fisst dosent matter what model it is its still an whole home dvr.

Iike I said I service swap them all the

Time you dont have to swap an 34

With a 34 thats just crazy talk

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 y مضت

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INPUT ABOUT SWAPING, I CALL DRECTV WENT THROUGH THE WHOLE THING, RESET THE RECEIVER. AND THE CLINETS, AND AS IAM  WRITING I JUST HAD A FREEZE. SO THEY SAID IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN WHICH I JUST DID. CALL THEM AND THEY WILL SEND A TECH OVER. AND I MY SWAP TO THE HR44. WE WILL SEE. WELL HAVE A GREAT DAY BRISAK78 FOR HELPING ME OUT.

REGARDS

ARNIE  G RIVERHEAD NY

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 y مضت

IT IS STILL DOING IT WHEN I WAS REPLY TO SOME ELSE IT DID IT AGAIN THIS IS ENCORE EAST THEY IS SOMETHING WRONG. I CALLING DIRECTV BACK,  THANK FOR REPLY ME BACK

ARNIE G RIVERHEAD NY

dcd

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

9 y مضت

Don't misunderstand the posts above.  If Directv ships you a Genie for replacement, it may well be a HR34.  If a service tech replaces a Genie it will be whatever model they currently have on the pallet in their shop.  Mostly they may be HR44s but they may get an occasional shipment of HR34s.  The short answer is that regardless of what you read here, you cannot control which you get if it comes from Directv.  Calling on the phone and arguing your point will do nothing except frustrate you.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 y مضت

THANK YOU SO MUCH, FOR LETTING ME KNOW ABOUT HR34, AND HR44 I UNDERSTAND THE PROCDURE ON THE PALLET. HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS  THANK YOU  FOR YOUR IMPUT.

REGARDS

ARNIE G

RIVERHEAD NY

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.