Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

P

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Jul 15, 2022 3:39 PM

commercial/public - iPad app receivers are populating and then disappear. please assist

commercial etting:

commercial public viewing

11 H25 receivers feeding 11 TVs

PROBLEM: DIRECTV iPad app has been working

then used updated iPad app

Now receivers are populating on the app and then most receivers disappear

then it requires constant validation per receiver to function when you need to use it.

we need to get past this problem.

how is it done?

Accepted Solution

• 

5 Messages

2 m مضت

we FOUND the problem.

the comcast business modem needs to be told to "reserve the ip" of each receiver (11 of them)..in the comcast modem menu  theere is a botton called "connected devices"   every thing that passes through it is recorded.

i found all 11 receivers in the modem history and had the option under configuration to set each receiver as (reserved I.P.) VS DHCP  . this stops receivers from "dropping off" the remote menu on the ipad  

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

3 m مضت

This is obviously a bug in the new version of the app. Since you can't rollback to the previous version, I think you are stuck until directv fixes it

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

3 m مضت

Although not technically a workaround, if you have any Android tablets, those are able to run older versions of apps if an APK of the older version is downloaded online. This way, until DIRECTV fixes the bug with their newer version, you can continue to use the older version with an Android tablet. Just be sure to download the APK from a trustworthy website as there’s always a chance you could be downloading a virus rather than the DIRECTV app APK.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.