Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

larbo's profile
larbo
Helpful 1
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Friday, November 28th, 2014 7:21 PM

Controlling an older audio receiver issues

In my living room we have an H22 box with an RC64R (IR mode) and an older Yamaha receiver. When setting this up a coupe of years ago, it took a lot of effort to find some codes that would operate the receiver. I ended up with a code that would turn it on (on AV2), and another that would turn it off (on AV1). Both would require that I tap the PWR button twice to get it to work. I can control the receiver volume while on either AV1 or AV2.

The remote controls were getting "reluctant" and DTV sent me some new RC66 remotes. I got the codes from the original remote and input them into the new one. The power ON code would not work. In fact, both codes would now turn it off only. I checked all the other codes without success. I tried another RC66, same thing. I found an RC64 remote in the kitchen (without the R suffix) and it would operate the receiver power properly but neither would control the receiver volume, just the TV volume. The volume control is very important due to varying volume levels of different shows and commercials.

So, my last question is whether it is possible that ONLY the RC64R will work the same as the old remote. Seems unlikely as I thought that the RC64 and RC64R were exactly the same except for the RF function, which I do not use.

Is there a programming trick that I used two years ago that I cannot remember? Seems unlikely, too.

Thanks for any assistance.  Larry

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

larbo

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

I found out that if I punch through just AV2 (or probably just AV1) instead of both AV1 AND AV2, DTV retained the TV volume function. If you do both, all settings had volume control for the receiver. I had to use 981 to reset the programming and start over. Worked great. Now RC64 and RC65 work fine. RC66 still does not work right with the Yamaha codes. Thanks for getting me kick started. Larry

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

8 years ago

You need to set up punch through on the AV1 and AV2 modes

larbo

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

How do I do that so that the DTV setting still controls the TV volume, as it does now on the old remote.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

8 years ago

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.