Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

opticz's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 1:14 AM

Costco Promotion Beware

I'm sure a mod will remove this post, but I just wanted to give the community a heads up.

Once you place the order, call DIrecTV BEFORE the install to make sure they have it in their system that you qualify for the 120 dollar Costco promotion, assuming you went through Costco's website.

I myself went through Costco's website, however for whatever reason, it's not that way in DirecTV's system.

I'm now stuck in the contract, and the major reason I signed up was because of the Costco card.

DIrecTV doesn't honor their rebates in the case of issues with their systems, so consumer beware.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

42.6K Messages

10年前

This is a reasonable heads up, so I doubt that an administrator will delete this post.  It's too bad that you weren't able to fix this with Costco or DirecTV.  Did you escalate through the Costco Concierge Service?  Did you activate through Costco or DirecTV. 

Here's the statement from the Costco site ...

† $120 COSTCO CASH CARD: Limited-time offer for Costco members only. Customer must order new DIRECTV service with 2-year agreement through Costco from 10/6/11–2/8/12. Upon DIRECTV System activation by 3/8/12, DIRECTV will automatically send one (1) $120 Costco Cash Card to the name and address used to activate DIRECTV account. Allow 6–8 weeks for delivery of card. Not valid for purchase by groups, clubs, businesses or organizations. Void in Alaska and Puerto Rico and where prohibited, licensed, taxed or restricted. LIMIT ONE $120 CASH CARD OFFER PER DIRECTV ACCOUNT. OFFERS MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER DIRECTV COSTCO CASH CARD OFFERS.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10年前

Yes, the best they said they could do is offer a 50 dollar credit. I'm still short 70 dollars, and at the end of the day 70 dollars is 70 dollars.

On a side note, your handle is freaking me out because that's my last name. 🙂
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

42.6K Messages

10年前

Hmmm, maybe we're related?  "Litz" isn't a very common name. Or do you mean "dog911" Laughing

dcd

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

10年前

It would seem to me that Costco has the responsibility to answer for this snafu.  And, Directv should either honor this or insist that Costco pull the ad.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

42.6K Messages

10年前

I've dealt with Costco's Concierge service and they're awesome.  I'm surprised they're not able to fix this. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10年前

Costco or DirecTV?

I haven't contacted Costco yet, should I give them a call?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10年前

LitzDog911, yes that's my last name too.

I'm in Chicago. where are you from?

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

42.6K Messages

10年前

Quote: Originally Posted by opticz 

Costco or DirecTV?

I haven't contacted Costco yet, should I give them a call?

I think you should call the Costco Concierge Service.  They should intercede on your behalf with DirecTV because it's Costco's promotion.  

Family is originally from Germany.  My dad moved to South Dakota to live with relatives when he was a teenager in the 1950s.  I grew up in California and moved with my family to Washington in the early 80's.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10年前

Yeah, ours is from Germany too.

I found someone else online, and we shared the same great great grandfather.

I think the name was Litzau before moving to America.

That was like the late 1800's

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.