Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Roach1's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Oct 23, 2017 6:58 PM

Damage done to sewer pipe and we continue to get the runaround between Direct TV and Multiband USA

How in the world can I be compensated for the amount that I had to pay out of pocket for damages to my sewer pipe when the pole for the satellite was installed????  The installer drilled right through our sewer pipe and then proceeded to fill the hole with cement.  The following day after installation we had sewer backup and water spewing all over our basement.  This all occurred on Labor Day Weekend and also this was the weekend we were having a holiday party and open house for our new home.  Needless to say we did not have an open house or party because we had no running water due to the damage.  We contacted Direct TV and they said that they would send the claim form within five days well, we had to contact them 12 days later to find out where the claim form was and we were told it did not get sent.  So five days later we get the form to complete and we complete the form and provide the copy of the bill along with photos as requested.  It is now two months later and I am still getting the runaround about my reimbursement.  I PAY MY BILL ON TIME TO DIRECT TV AND I SHOULD BE COMPENSATED FOR MY OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE IN A TIMELY MANNER AND SOMEONE SHOULD BE RETURNING MY CALLS.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.4K Messages

4 y ago

This is a customer to customer forum, you need to call/chat with DTV or try sending a PM to @ATTDIRECTVCare for a damage form and they rarely call back.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.9K Messages

4 y ago

It's always essential to have a utility location company come and mark the locations of your water, sewer, power and other utility lines.  Homeowners should not allow the DirecTV tech to dig holes without knowing the location of utility lines.  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

Thank you for your feedback...had we known this it might have turned out differently!  He, the installer, should have known not to dig without contacting the necessary companies.  We are newlyweds and just purchased our first home and have never dealt with installers.  We were not aware of what needed to be checked prior to the install but I'm sure the installer should have known.  Multiband sent the same installer back to reinstall the pole again and we were offered a cash payment out of pocket if we did not file the claim...sounds a bit shady to me.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.