Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

N.gregory872's profile

Contributor

Monday, August 19th, 2019 5:55 PM

Closed

Direct Tv installation

So I’m getting direct tv installed into my house for tv and internet. What would the installers need to begin?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

3 years ago

@N.gregory872 wrote:

So I’m getting direct tv installed into my house for tv and internet. What would the installers need to begin?

DirecTV is TV only. They don't provide internet. You would need another internet provider (AT&T, Centurylink, Comcast, Cableone, Mediacom, etc.)

Read the order confirmation ASAP so there are no surprised after install.

They will need a good spot for the receiving dish that gets line of sight. The TVs must already be there as they will not install without a way to verify it works on the exact TV you will use. Someone 18 years or older must be there for the entirety of the work.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I am interested in having a Directv satellite dish installed but in order to do this the technician would have to be able to climb onto the roof (low sloped) to make the installation. Directv's technicians are not allowed to do this per corporate rules. 
The location is in Hamilton, MT, about 70 miles south of Missoula. Is this something that you might be able to assist me with?
Thank you.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Since Directv's technicians are not allowed to stand on a roof to install a satellite dish, are there independent installers in the greater Missoula, MT area that do installations?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

2 months ago

OSHA rules don't allow anyone on the roof without proper safety equipment so probably not.  DTV has pole mounts under eve mounts or any place that can be reached from a ladder. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

@NoSatelliteTVconnection 

DirecTV will not install nor service a receiving dish if they cannot reach it from the ladder. This is so they can stay in compliance with OSHA regulations. Tech on site would need to see if there is an alternate spot for the dish. If you need a pole mount (mention when order is placed so they can put a note on the order just in case) that is normally a custom charge of $75 to tech on install.

If you need further help, please start your own thread as you picked up a discussion that ended in 2019.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.