Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

rkiowa61's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Nov 21, 2007 10:09 PM

DIRECTV HD DVR HR10-250 W/TiVo

I bought the above receiver about a year or so or even longer. The problem I had with it was when I was watching a "TiVo" ed program, about 1/2 way thru, the program froze. The remote was non-responsive. I couldn't remove the frozen picture from the screen at all to even watch Live TV. I then Unplugged the receiver. After I re-plugged in the unit, the usual screen that says "Powrering up" came on, but then it never went pass that part. After a while, the "Pwr" light on the front of the unit turned off. DirecTV sent me the HR20-700 DVR as a replacement. Is there any way I can get my HR10-250 repaired? I really enjoyed the "TiVo" featured etc... The HR20 is ok, but it isn't the same. I spent alot of money for the HR10. Please, can I get it fixed? Thank you very much!!
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

15 years ago

Go to the TiVo community forums http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=29 You will find lots of information about replacing faulty disk drives, which is what your post seems to describe. There are a number of companies who supply either preconfigured disk drives, or you can buy your own disk drive of the correct type and then buy a software image that allows you to configure the drive in your TiVo. You can install larger drives which can give you longer recording capacity.
I had a hard disk failure in my SD TiVo and bought a larger drive from weaknees; easy to install, has worked fine for over two years now.

Of course the HR10-250 won't receive any of the new HD channels, and maybe in 2008 all the HD channels will move to the new satellites so the HR10 will then only receive SD and any HD channels you can get OTA using an antenna. But used as an SD DVR it will have a very large capacity for recordings.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.