Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

kjcarter's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 5, 2016 6:53 PM

Directv remote with samsung tv

Trying to set up directv remote for samsung tv un32j4000afxza.

Get error message "not available" when trying to power off tv after inputting suggested codes for Model RC65 directv remote.Some codes work for volume only not power..

I  have tried some forty codes. Help!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

7 y مضت

There is not a code on the RC6X series remote control that would control power for your TV. 

focusmoney

Mentor

• 

6 Messages

7 y مضت

HR20-700

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.3K Messages

7 y مضت

What model DirecTV DVR/Receiver do you have?

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

7 y مضت

You have got one of the rare Samsung's TVs that won't power ON or OFF with the DirecTV remote control. I have seen this many times but have not gotten a chance to try an RC7X remote control, but I doubt there would be any difference. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y مضت

HR20-700

lilricky

Former Employee

• 

536 Messages

7 y مضت

This may or may not work, but give this a shot:

Set the slider at the top to TV.
Press and hold (at the same time) mute+select.
The TV light will blink twice.
Press 991, it will blink twice again, then press 1.
Press the power button in the center of the top of the remote
Now, while pointing the remote at the tv, press channel up repeatedly until the tv powers on.
Once the tv powers on, press select.

If you press channel up too many times, if you the tv powers on but you skipped over the code, you can press channel down to go back to the correct code. The tv will turn back off when you reach it again. Then press select.

If the first code you come to doesn't work completely (usually the separate ON and OFF buttons) , try the process again. It will pick up from your current position in the code list.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 y مضت

Voyager

• 

1 Message

6 y مضت

Sambeau17.....

After much searching, finally finding your 13382 code did the trick on my Samsung J5000, using a new replacement DTV RC66 remote.

I knew that there was a code out there that would work because my old r64 remote worked, but I couldn't remember what the code was.

Thanks for sharing that information. 

What are the steps for putting in the code? Thanks 

Contributor

4 y مضت

My genie RC73 remote is not working with my Samsung QN55Q65FNF television

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y مضت

Code 13382 worked for me with a DIRECTV Universal Remote (RC66) on my Samsung TV (UN40H5003AF). None of the codes suggested to me from my receiver worked for both power and volume, only volume. Just like OP I would get  the error message "not available" when trying to power off the TV. Thanks Sambeau17!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.