Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 28th, 2022 2:15 AM

Directv Stream - Shop House

Hello, I have directv in my house, 4 TVs, a genie and all that. We built a shop house approx 50 yards away. My husband, of course, wants 2 TVs in the living room to watch multiple games and then tv outside on the porch. What is the best route for TV out there? The more I read, I think it would be directv stream. Any advice on directv stream? We would just use our Hulu etc, but we need the sports package and to be able to watch the Houston Astros.  

I dont know if our internet will reach, so any tips on that as well as hot spot in order to run 3 tvs…

Sincerely, 
A country girl trying not to spend another $200 monthly bill on outside directv

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

If the shop house is same property, but too far to run coax, then you could install a separate receiving dish with adding a TV. Though there would be a charge for the 2nd dish (make sure to let them know on the order), the monly cost increase would just be $7 for each TV you add as same account.

The downside of a separate dish is that it will not share Whole Home DVR between the separate setups as not physically connected.

As a note the additional TV must be a regular receiver/HDDVR as Mini Genie Clients must be on the same setup as the main Genie.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

689 Messages

2 months ago

As far as DirecTV Stream is concerned, it does not have as extensive sports support as DirecTV satellite does.  There are fewer add on packages, I believe fewer RSNs, and no availability for out of market RSNs (I not sure what satellite offers for that).  So I'd check to make sure that the sports you want are covered before you consider Stream.  If you are happy with the satellite service and can actually get a secondary setup inexpensively, that is likely the better way to go.

• 

3 Messages

23 days ago

What do you tell directv to get the 2nd satellite? I am getting the run around. They keep telling me I need to buy a 2nd service. 

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

23 days ago

Are both locations characterized by the same address? If so you need to call DIRECTV (number in my greeting below) and ask an agent for a dish installation for a ‘secondary’ home or otherwise living space in the same address. If they continue to refuse, there are always workarounds like having a local dealer or installer put up the dish for you. 

• 

3 Messages

22 days ago

Yes they are both at the same address I even described them as 30 yards apart. I was told by a friend their shop has a secondary dish, but I was transferred 10 times and they refused. Thank you, I guess I will be calling back tomorrow. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.