Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

ejsullivan61's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Jul 29, 2014 6:19 PM

Does Tivo HD DVR come with a USB phone adapter? (plz reply soon!)

Do I need to place a separate order for a USB phone line adapter for my Tivo HD, or does it already come with one? My installation is scheduled for this Saturday, and I need to know if I have to order one ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

EJ

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon01

Professor

• 

2.8K Messages

8 years ago

No the THR22 doesn't come with a USB phone adapter and as litzdog said it may not work but you don't need one as DTV receivers don't need a phone line.  The tech can use a Ethernet cable if shorter then 6 ft (longer you would need to supply it) to connect to the internet or if you have or get a SWM system then they will connect an DECA home adapter to the THR22 and a DECA BB to the router if you don't have one already.

There is a phone line port on the THR22 if you really need to use the phone line to pay for PPV or sports subscriptions without an internet connection.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

8 years ago

THR22 DirecTV/Tivo DVR?   That Tivo has no "USB phone adapter" functionality.   What exactly are you trying to do?

shannon01

Professor

• 

2.8K Messages

8 years ago

The THR22 only needs an internet connection for On Demand and to pay for PPV with the remote, updates come down from the sats as do all DTV updates.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for your reply. I'm referring to the DirecTivo that DTV is currently offering: I'm unsure of the specific model, but I believe it's based on the TivoPremier (Series 4). Anyhow, I know that the unit doesn't have an RJ-11 jack, but there is an adapter that allows one to connect an RJ-11 line through one of the USB ports. These gizmo's can be purchased separately, but I don't want to waste my money and buy one if the unit already comes with one. My googling efforts have not yet paid off, and I was hoping one of you could answer this question.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for your reply, Shannon. It is useful information, but my question remains unanswered.Smiley Wink

This is what I need to know:

Does the THR22 DVR comes with a USB phone adapter, or do I need to purchase on separately? Yes or No

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I appreciate the information: I would prefer to use a phone line rather than my Internet connection to connect the DVR, for reasons that I won't go in to... Hence the reason for my inquiry. I'm going to order a USB phone adapter and will post the result to the forum after I try it out. I thank you both for your assistance.

EJ

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Oops, I didn't catch that there is a RJ-11 jack on the THR22. Guess I've been wasting your time:smileyblush:

Thanks for all the help,

EJ

shannon01

Professor

• 

2.8K Messages

8 years ago

No problem, the tech can also use the wireless DECA although we prefer the wired one.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

8 years ago

The THR22 Tivo is based on the HR22 HD DVR hardware, so it uses the same internet connectivity options as that DVR.  Specifically, you can connected an RJ45 ethernet cable to your home network router, or use DirecTV's wireless Cinema Connection Kit. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Dude, the DVR is not going on my LAN. Period. But I thank you and Shannon for your help: my question has been answered

EJ

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.