Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Luvformypit's profile

Tutor

Sat, Feb 9, 2019 7:52 AM

Closed

DVR not recording all my shows scheduled

My DVR hasn't recorded all my scheduled shows for a couple weeks now. I didn't realize it till tonite I was watching a recorded show and a commercial came on for the show it was supposed to record also but it wasn't there. Wednesday it only recorded 13 minutes of another show. I work during prime time tv hours and recorded tv is all I watch this is unacceptable.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

4 y مضت

Is that show still listed in your "Series Recording - Upcoming Recordings" menu? 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

4 y مضت

Look under the DVR's "Recording History" menu. What does it say about the missing recording?

4 y مضت

They aren't missing it didn't record them. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

4 y مضت

@Luvformypit wrote:

They aren't missing it didn't record them. 

If they were indeed scheduled to record, but did not, the Recording History Menu will show what happened at that time. 

4 y مضت

I will definitely check when I get home from work but they were definitely scheduled. I record the same shows all the time. 

4 y مضت

Ok so the show's it didn't record aren't in the history. But the week before they are in the history as deleted by 1.

4 y مضت

Yes except for the 2 that were season finally last week

• 

4 Messages

4 m مضت

I have noticed this recently. I have Manuel recordings scheduled Monday -Friday and for like the last two weeks it hasn't been recording as scheduled even after cancelling it as a series and re-adding it. Keep getting a message in my recording history that either says Canceled by C or cancelled by server. I also noticed this happened over the weekend when I tried to record some of the USFL games, but the difference was I set those recordings from the DirecTV app. I understand glitches happen and I have tried restarting the receiver, but it hasn't resolved the issue. Considering the recent experience I have had with DTV customer service, I'm not too keen on calling them again after having to call them twice to get a plug on the outside of my house going to the dish replaced. As a customer who has been with DTV for 20 years and is now paying between $290-$300 a month without things like PPV included and the MLB package I pay for every year, my patience is starting to wear thin. Anyone know how I can fix this? I still have about nine months in a contract on the whole home dvr equipment that I was told a year ago was needed. Has no desire really to go elsewhere, but between the cost of service being out of control, the lackluster support from customer service, and now not being able to record my shows, I am starting to think about it. If DirecTV stream had everything that I currently pay for plus access to PPV which I unfortunately need due to my job (I'm a Boxing writer), I probably would have switched to the streaming end of DirecTV when they told me I needed to upgrade my equipment. The issues I have experienced in recent weeks including being threatened by customer support has me seriously thinking of going elsewhere in addition to the $300 per month for monthly service and $270+ per month without PPV included, which I pay for out of pocket and when MLB is out of season. DTV's social media support doesn't seem to be much better as all they say is that they appreciate my loyalty. We'll see what happens in nine months as far as loyalty is concerned after how I've been treated. Maybe the FCC should consider what customers have to deal with before approving these big mergers. DirecTV used to have excellent customer support and genuinely cared for the customers experience before AT&T got involved and the rates were manageable. It's unacceptable. Do right by your customers.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

4 m مضت

See what @litzdog911 mentioned a couple years ago.

Just to let you know, this is a public forum and we are customers just like you. I would have to agree that AT&T’s ownership of DIRECTV definitely changed things, some for the better and others for the worse. This is just another reason why some decide to switch to streaming. Once your contract is up, you should definitely consider DIRECTV STREAM. 

Also, in the future, try to make a new post with your issue rather than replying to a 3-year old thread.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.