Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

WorstinUniverse's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jul 20, 2017 12:52 AM

Equipment Return Address

I have tried to cancel my DirectTV and AT&T accounts over and over and over again. I sent my internet device somewhere with no response back and I've had my useless DirectTV equipment sitting by my door to return for weeks and weeks.

Does anyone know the correct address to send my equipment to?

Does anyone have an address to send a written notice of my cancellation into?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

3 y ago

@hayou62 wrote:

I am trying to return DirecTV box to them and CenturyLink box but I need an address they will not send me the box to my house I do not know why I really ridiculous that is so hard to turn their stuff back to him but they want to charge you for the machine I have tried several times

First, you cannot return Centurylink equipment to DirecTV. They are not the same company. You contact Centurylink for their return procedures if you rent the modem instead of purchased to own.

Second, has been explained before, but here is the info again:

You go to a participating FedEx or UPS (not USPS) location for your free DirecTV equipment return. Have your account number so it is accounted for correctly. DirecTV no longer sends a box to your physical address anymore as AT&T changed the return process almost a year ago. Both by the old way and new, you were never provided an address to pay for your own return shipping.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Yes I am having the same problem. And they are telling me I only have 21 days day of cancellation to return or they will charge me $160. This is the sorriest people I've ever dealed with I will never ever get TV with them again.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

3 y ago

@Kristiepigg wrote:

Yes I am having the same problem. And they are telling me I only have 21 days day of cancellation to return or they will charge me $160. This is the sorriest people I've ever dealed with I will never ever get TV with them again.

Well the original problem was sending back internet equipment which had nothing to do with DirecTV. But here is a recap of what is needed for DirecTV as has been said multiple times.

Take DirecTV receiver/client boxes to a participating FedEx or UPS (not USPS) store with their access cards still inside for your free return. Have account number handy. You should get a receipt confirming what boxes they took possession of as well as tracking number for reference. The 21 days is for DirecTV to receive back (not in transit), begins from when the box is no longer active on the account. If you don't ship until last minute to where they get the box back a couple days late, that just means they need to reverse the non-return fee (NRF) that billed to the account.

However, DirecTV's email reminder on return is just general info. It has no way to check your models against a list of what is currently returnable. And too many agents don't look up the info proactively. What are the models of the boxes you have?

Contributor

2 y ago

I have tried to cancel two receivers in my home over a month ago. I was on the phone for 30 minutes. Representative ignored request and kept trying to sell me a new package. We have been with company before ATT but service has diminished greatly since merger. Like 1996. I would like to return this items as I am being charged and they are not attached to any tv in my home. I would like a return kit to send them back. And my service should only be 59.99. I have basic and it is totally unfair that I have this equipment not used and still charged for it. Account is in Arthur Ritchie's name. We reside in Tarboro, NC

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

2 y ago

@wiz2019 wrote:

I have tried to cancel two receivers in my home over a month ago. I was on the phone for 30 minutes. Representative ignored request and kept trying to sell me a new package. We have been with company before ATT but service has diminished greatly since merger. Like 1996. I would like to return this items as I am being charged and they are not attached to any tv in my home. I would like a return kit to send them back. And my service should only be 59.99. I have basic and it is totally unfair that I have this equipment not used and still charged for it. Account is in Arthur Ritchie's name. We reside in Tarboro, NC

The only way to do that is to call .... 1 800 531 5000. Say "cancel" at the voice prompt. 

What are those Receiver model numbers? Older equipment won't need to be returned. Newer equipment is returned via FedEx or UPS Shipping Center. Let us know what you have.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

2 y ago

@wiz2019 wrote:

Doubtful service should "only" be $59.99 as most packages are higher cost, and that is before receiver services and TV fees. There is no standalone package called "basic". The packages are Family, Select, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra (or the special Preferred Xtra, Ultimate, Premier or a grandfathered package of a similar name.

You will need to call DirecTV to deactivate the two boxes you don't need anymore. However, the return process changed. You take to a FedEx or UPS store for the free return. A return kit (the old method) is only sent if you are determined to be over 10 miles away from a participating shipping location.

But not all boxes are returnable. What are the models of the two you are deactivating?

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

The company has been horrid with us trying to send the equipment back, they say they gave us the return boxes, but they weren't available when we needed to ship things back. The shipping address to return the items were not made available to us either. Since this is an issue many people are facing as problems with Direct TV it's probable that the BBB can assist the individuals with these problems and the situations with Direct TV. BBBs accept complaints that meet the following criteria:

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

• The complaint includes the complainant’s name, a postal address, and an email address

• The complaint includes the business’s name and provides sufficient information to determine the business’s location

• The complaint seeks assistance from BBB

• The complaint is from a person (or a person’s authorized representative) or entity (business-to-business) that had a marketplace "relationship"

• The complaint relates to a marketplace issue. Typically, the issue complained of must have arisen within the previous 12 months (Note: warranties/guarantees or other extenuating circumstances may supersede this criteria.)

• The complaint must allege a deficiency in the company's marketplace performance with regard to the services or products that the business provided or allegedly agreed to provide

• The complaint is not in litigation when filed with BBB and has not been resolved by a previous court action, arbitration, or settlement between the parties

• The complaint contains no abusive language.

And this is a government service available to anyone having issues with a business like may be their case OR is our case with Direct TV.

1 y ago

I was a directv customer for 20 years and have canceled my account due to rising costs every month. I to am trying to return my equipment, went to my local ups store and they say I need a label. Why can't you just post the address for returning equipment so I can print my own label. I'm not paying a fine for non returned equipment when you can't even give us an address to resolve it, or email us a label to print out. Just post the address for returning equipment! Is that so hard?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

1 y ago

Because DTV owns the receivers and wants them returned their way.  You have to find a participating UPS/FedEx store, unless you are more then 10 miles from one then you call DTV  for a return box to take to the post office.   What are the receivers model numbers as they may not be returnable.

(edited)

1 y ago

So I received my Direct TV bill from AT&T and noticed a $135 charge for a non returned recordable equipment. I called to see what this was about and the person stated I never returned by box which was bad. I said I returned it 7 weeks ago and do not have the USPS tracking number anymore as it needed to be attached to the billing dispute. He said to send the dispute in and wait and see. I said I have been a loyal customer for 28 years and if we are going to dispute over $135 I will switch providers! Every since AT&T took over it has been all down hill! Not satisfied at all!

1 y ago

I have contacted direct tv 3 times for a return package as the nearest ups packing store is 1 1/2 hours from me. I still have not received a kit. If they would just email me a label I could box it myself. This is why I  am no longer a customer. Why is it so difficult to return this equipment?

1 y ago

I have contacted Directv 3 times since 18 Sep and have yet to get anything I needed.

The 1st rep told me he would send a return label. After almost a month of waiting I called again. The only this I got from the 1st rep was an email with a link for return instructions.

The 2nd rep told me that I couldn't get a label until 30 days past. After several minutes he said that I didn't need a label and I could drop off the equipment with FedEx or UPS.

A few days later a local FedEx location wouldn't take the equipment without a label.  A call to a local UPS location had the same result so I called a 3rd rep.

The 3rd rep told me that I didn't have to return the equipment and that she would email me with an address to mail the card from the hopper to.  Later that day I see an email but it was useless - the email did not have an address but had a link so I could get the return instructions (the same email the 1st rep sent).

I need accurate instructions on what to do with the equipment. It's obvious the three reps were all going off different scripts because none actually helped. 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

1 y ago

DTV doesn't have hoppers.

What are the DTV receivers model numbers?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

1 y ago

Thread still open, closing as expected.

Here is final info:

How To Return The Equipment 

Go to a FedEx or UPS location with your account #. No need to bring a box or label, the equipment will be boxed it up & shipped out at no charge. The process takes less than 5 minutes. 

Find FedEx Office locations at www.fedex.com/attreturns.
Find The UPS Store locations at www.theupsstore.com/locations.

If over 10 miles away from a participating shipper, then you call DirecTV to use the legacy process. Sends you a prepaid return kit to your physical service address by FedEx which has been USPS (postal service, not UPS) for back to them.

Only if models still returnable of course.

6 m ago

Just Give Us A Physical Address, Not A Bunch Of Mumbo Jumbo Internet Address's Already? You Know Like 111 Pond Road Anywhere, Here. U.S.A. 01234-5678. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.