Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

jack123spi's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Nov 14, 2011 6:15 PM

Flickering on local channels only

I use direct tv for my local channels as well as my package.  When I am watching local channels (below 100) the tv flickers constantly.  I does not flicker on the channels above 200.  If I watch a dvr of a show on my local channels, there is no flicker.  I can elimanate the flicker by watching with a few second delay, but that get annoying since the flicker comes back when I change channels.  This has been going on for about a year, but it became more noticable when we upgraded out television to a bigger screen. 

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

11 years ago

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Hi, I pushed the red button, the box reset and it seemed to work until prime time came on, then the flickering returned. I don't watch much daytime tv, but my wife mentioned that she has not noticed the flicker during the day. So, it maybe this is prime time only problem. What should I do next. Thanks John Wittry
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

11 years ago

How is your R22 DVR connected to your TV?

What happens if you use different Video input?  Or different connection cables?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I tried changing the cables first.  What really has me baffled now, is that it only happens during the evening.  I seems fine during the daylight hours.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

11 years ago

What brand/model TV do you have?   

Is your R22 DVR enabled for HiDef?

And how exactly is the R22 connected to your TV?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

My TV is a Hitachi HD, it is relatively new (less than a year).  I am pretty sure the problem is not with the TV.  It only occurs on channels below 100 on the receiver box.  Since the TV is set to a permenant channel, and plays the rest of the channels, dvr and dvds perfectly, it does not seem to be at fault.  Does direct tv have problems receiving or sending my local channels?  My local channels orginate from Rhinelander and Wausau WI.  These are really small TV stations.

Thanks

Jack Wittry

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

11 years ago

How is the R22's video output connected to your TV?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.