Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

wjwky88's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:02 PM

Genie client and mounting to back of wall mounted TV

I'm looking into getting the Genie DVR and 3 mini clients...new service for 4 TV setup. 

Can the genie mini client be attached to the back of 2 TVs that are wall mounted? There is currently no spot to "set" the client device above or below these two TVs. Checked both TVs and if the size of the client is as some reviewers say, about the size of a paperback, there is room on both.

I have some heavy duty glue back velcro that would do the trick...if there are no reasons why this cannot be done when the installer comes on site.

Am assuming I would need RF remotes for this sort of setup since there would be no line of sight. Is there an additional charge for RF remotes?

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

9 y ago

Yes, you should be able to mount them on the back of the TV.  

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

9 y ago

DTV has wall mounts for the mini clients and they should supply the RF remotes.  You can try telling the CSR that you need them but there is no guaranty the tech will get the notice.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

9 y ago

Yes the installer should provide the wall mount for the clients, but he is not allowed to mount them.  you will have to mount them yourself

Scholar

• 

306 Messages

9 y ago

Quote: Originally Posted by peds48_installs 

Yes the installer should provide the wall mount for the clients, but he is not allowed to mount them.  you will have to mount them yourself

Depends on your tech you get as an O&O tech they are suppose to mount them for you but a contractor or HSP tech may not.

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

9 y ago

you also may or may not get the rf remote. The warehouses are starting to give out more rf remotes to techs, but that is no guarantee they will have 1 or 2, you may have to call direct after installation and get them to drop ship you them, just have the installer show you what you need to do to set them up when you get them if he doesnt have any

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.