Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Directvcust50's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Mar 19, 2017 11:10 PM

Guide displays duplicate listings

Directv Chat did not comprehend the question and could not resolve the problem.

How can I get rid of double listings (of HD and non-HD) in the Guide? If I select Hide SD duplicates in the menu settings, I get rid of the double listings, but the Guide then does not display what I am scheduled to record. I want to display the scheduled to record items, but do not want double listings of the same channel. This was not an issue prior to last week.

I have 3 televisions in my home. The master guide does not display the duplicate listings and does display what I am scheduled to record. This is what I had before and what I want, but the television in the main viewing area has the problem issue.

I have re-booted all televisions.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

5 y ago

If you're setting up recordings on the SD version of the channel, then you won't see it in the Guide if you hide SD duplicates.  But it should still show in the DVR's To Do List. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

5 y ago

Hide SD Duplicates gets rid of the double listings as most channels are available in HD and SD. If your recordings are only showing when the double channels are listed, this sounds like they are set to record the SD version of those channels.

In this situation there are few things I would do:

1. Under manage recordings in your settings menu, delete any scheduled recordings that are not showing in the guide (as these are the ones affected by the issue.

2. Verify Display Preferences are back to Hide SD Duplicates

3. Press red reset button. Most models will have it behind the access card door on the front panel. If you have the Genie system, do not reset any Mini Genie Clients until Genie has finished.

4. Go to www.directv.com/refresh as this will refresh the channel and guide authorizations. (can take up to 24hrs to be fully updated)

5. Reschedule recordings which should be on the proper version of the channel as the SD duplicates are now hidden.

If after 24hrs you are still having the issue then you will need to contact Directv to see if there might be a known issue they are working on if the box needs to be swapped out.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks, but this doesn't answer the question

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks, this is logical, except that all my recordings are in HD. Thanks for
your efforts.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.4K Messages

5 y ago

So just hide SD duplicates and they will disappear from your guide...

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

5 y ago

Have you tried a red button reset behind the access card door?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

5 y ago

If you have tried everything above you should call Directv for tech support.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

5 y ago

Can you post photos of what you mean?  I'm puzzled.  If your recordings are set to the HiDef channels, then hiding SD channels shouldn't cause any issues.  And, like I said, it's easier to review upcoming recordings in the To Do List than the Channel Guide. 

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.4K Messages

5 y ago

I'm not sure what the problem is either. If you set to hide SD duplicates, then they disappear.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

Yes, that it what I meant by re-booting all televisions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

The solution that was provided, which was to hide SD listings works. This was a very simple solution that was solved by approaching the Community. It took a long time to resolve and I will try approaching the Community for future issues as I have not had success with Directv technicians several times in the past.

Thanks to all for taking the time to respond.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

5 y ago

Thanks for the update.  Enjoy!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.