Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 29th, 2022 12:20 AM

Hooking up a second tv?

I recently had direct tv installed a month ago and a week ago I had geni 4k installed the installer told me not to use the remote for the first box anymore can I hook up a second tv to the original box?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.3K Messages

2 months ago

There is no 4K Genie only the C61K mini client can output 4K and you need an HR54 Genie or HS17Genie2 to get the 4K channels.  What is the old remotes model number?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

@Christ8769 

You had DirecTV installed a month ago, but only about a week ago upgraded to a 4K setup? Sounds expensive, unless you placed a correction order within 2 weeks of the original install.

There is no 4K Genie. The only box that is 4K is a Mini Genie Client (C61K).

Why were you told not to use the remote from the first box? That seems strange as remotes are pretty much universal between DirecTV boxes. Or do you mean a Mini Genie Client? (heard some pepople call them that though causes confusion).

Are you asking to have 2 TVs hooked to the origional box? Or, do you have a box from the original setup that is not on any TV. If the former, then you need a powered HDMI switch that is HDCP 2.2 compatible (and preferably HDMI 2.0 as well). But if the latter, something is doesn't add up.

(edited)

goldw1800

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

2 months ago

You can hook a Second TV to you receiver --only way is using a HDMI splitter on the main receiver and running a hdmi to the "new" tv Location --it will have the same channel or recoding displayed in both locations --using the splitter would require the main receiver to be on at all times to view the (show) in the other room 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.