Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

nbrazill's profile
nbrazill
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
Helpful 1

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Fri, Aug 31, 2018 1:38 AM

Closed

How long can a paused program stay paused

How long can a recorded program stay paused?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

Depends, buffered programs 90 minutes recorded programs AFAIK so long as there is power. 

nbrazill

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

Sorry I don't know what AFAIK or buffering is. All recorded programs are usually one to two days old.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

When you pause a live program when you resume you are playing it from the buffer, As Far As I Know =AFAIK.

nbrazill

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

I am playing a totally recorded program, and I pause it to go check on dinner, and when I come back, the recorded program is not paused and the channel has been changed to live tv. The recorded time paused might only be 10-15 minutes.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

Try a red button reset behind the access card door or near the access card.

nbrazill

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

I tried that a week ago, and even purchased a new HDMI cord. I have to go now, so I will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far.
nbrazill

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

Good morning, I have used the red button and the TV came on no problem. I will try reinacting the problem with pausing a recorded program and see how it does.
nbrazill

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

I was watching a recorded program tonight and paused it and it switched to live tv.  I did the reset this morning and everything was ok until 8 PM tonight.  NOthing is recording

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

Sounds like it needs to be replaced, $20 shipping covered if you have the protection plan.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 y ago

Careful with new equipment and the MPEG-2 shutdown next year, many agents are probably pushing upgrades at this time.

Remember upgrades are optional. And not all upgrades are equal as it depends on what your exact setup is now. If you would like guidance from other customers on upgrades, before you get an agent trying to upsell you one, what are the models of boxes you have now including the trouble one?

nbrazill

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

How do I go about getting it replaced. I do have the protection plan.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

@nbrazill wrote:
How do I go about getting it replaced. I do have the protection plan.

You never told us the model number.

You'll need to call DirecTV to get it replaced .... 1 800 531 5000

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 y ago

@nbrazill

Depends on your setup if you do a normal warranty replacement, or if an upgrade would be better.

What is the model of the problem box and models of other boxes you have?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

Suddenly my DVR will not stay paused on recorded program playbacks. I pause a recorded program to go to the bathroom and before I get back the program is playing again. THe pause will only hold for about 30 seconds. Never had this problem before. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

5 m ago

@onequeenvic 

Thread is from 3 years ago (2018). Please start a new thread with full details of the issue, model numbers of equipment, and what troubleshooting (if any) you have tired.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.