Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

Robert162's profile
Robert162
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 1:10 AM

How many times should i have to schedule satellite tv installation before a contractor shows up?

I have scheduled a satellite installation 3 times now and no one has shown up to install. I have been told the equipment is unavailable and that is why the contractors have not kept either of the three appointments. This is unacceptable!!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

4 y مضت

Well "should" would just be once. As for your situation, call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 and submit a complaint on the order about no shows supposedly because of no equipment.

If this is an upgrade, what models do you currently have and what are you "upgrading" to? Just want to make sure you are getting an actual improvement to your system as not all "upgrades" are equal, and some agents do not order what is right for you personally.

Robert162

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y مضت

No upgrade, just new installation. I had monica with direct tv confirm equipment was available before last appointment was made. Then was told the equipment was unavailable again for the third time. Waiting for dispatch to call directly and schedule install again. This is the worst system that ever was put together for installation of a product. I asked that it be shipped to my home before installation. This cant be done.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

4 y مضت

Agent cannot see what equipment tech actually has. So local dispatch center is having an issue with their supply of equipment coming in. This would be a complaint to submit on the order because once is bad enough, but 3 times is horrendous. If Monica was not customer service but called you from the local dispatch and said equipment was available, then they have an internal problem. Make sure you call 1-800-531-5000 to speak with DirecTV to submit a complaint on the order, to make sure you are not being referred through 3rd parties.

Correct that equipment cannot be shipped to your home. Cabling to be installed throughout your walls, receiving dish to mount on building, boxes to hookup, and anything further you might need based on the location of the TVs in the home, etc is too much to just ship. So DirecTV provides equipment to tech so that they would have everything needed on the truck as they are doing the install.

Robert162

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y مضت

Thank you for your input as it was helpful i am rescheduled for this thursday morning. This is the fourth and final try!! I will have the competition install if this is a fail on thursday. I am not the only person having techs cancel during the appointment window. I am also aware as to all the parts needed as am a commercial carpenter by trade and would have no problem installing this system myself as all the coaxial is already in the walls and run outside as well.
mdram4x4

Master

• 

6.5K Messages

4 y مضت

this is becoming and all too common issue.

directv needs to come clean and make an announcement

@ATTKevin  can you shed any light on this?

Robert162

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y مضت

I dont care how they run the business but i can assure you there will not be a fifth appointment that i am home for.
ATTKevin

Former Employee

• 

23 Messages

4 y مضت

@mdram4x4 wrote:

this is becoming and all too common issue.

directv needs to come clean and make an announcement

@ATTKevin  can you shed any light on this?

Hey @mdram4x4,

Unfortunately I don't have any answers around this Smiley Frustrated I have passed this feedback along to the right people though so there's increased visibility.

mdram4x4

Master

• 

6.5K Messages

4 y مضت

Thanks

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y مضت

I have had the same issue but for an upgrade. I actually scheduled the appointment 8 times. During the last appointment my app said the technician was at my house. However he was not. The next day it said it was cancelled. 

Dlilli

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

4 y مضت

Well.. I’m waiting on our 8th now so good luck

Robert162

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y مضت

I think they are eliminating the sstellite end and want everyone to stream but we dont have high speed internet and need a dish to view on our tv. This contunuing to not show up is ridiculous!!
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

4 y مضت

They are not eliminating the satellite. They are aiming to be a unified TV provider. Be that satellite (DirecTV), streaming through whatever internet provider you have even where AT&T doesn't have their own physical footprint (DIRECTVNOW), or their hard line TV service where they do have a physical infrastructure (Uverse).

This year has seen way too many reports of multiple no shows from technicians. There are many possibilities on why that is, but nothing has been officially released to explain what appears to be a wide-spread problem. Prior years you would hear about the occasional no-show, no business is immune. But this year is something different. Whatever the problem causing it, I hope they have it addressed soon. Would be nice to know what the actual cause was for transparency.

mdram4x4

Master

• 

6.5K Messages

4 y مضت

@Robert162 wrote:
I think they are eliminating the sstellite end and want everyone to stream but we dont have high speed internet and need a dish to view on our tv. This contunuing to not show up is ridiculous!!

15% of the us population cannot stream.

they are not eliminating the satellite side.  they are adding other services to compete with newer providers

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y مضت

All they are eliminating is credibility. What it looks like to me is ATT has expanded beyond Its ability to ensure a good quality service. 

As some of you have mentioned, issues can come up, but not to the point that all we can do is reschedule endless times hoping that one of these times someone will show up at the right time with the correct equipment. 

Robert162

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y مضت

I have sat thru another 4 hour window of no one showing up to find that someone canceled the order. I have dishnetwork set to install this saturday afternoon and will be disconnecting cell service as this was a package. Its no good one without the other. So att&t enjoy!!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.