Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

B

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Sep 22, 2022 2:40 PM

How to Change RC66RX Remote & Directv Recievers from IR mode to RF mode?

I have 4 Directv receivers which I use to watch NFL Sunday Ticket. They are all located in the same closet. In IR mode, anytime that I change a channel it changes all of the receivers. I wanted to try switching to RF mode so I can control each receiver individually. I am ok with using multiple remotes if needed. I also do not use the remote to control the TV's just the receivers. How do I change to RF mode on the remote and on the receiver so they communicate without interfering with other receivers?

Accepted Solution

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

13 d مضت

For those H25-100 receivers, you’ll need an external RF piece. I think Solid Signal sells them. Since you already have RC66RX remotes, you are good to go for that part.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

14 d مضت

Yes, it’s possible to have four different remotes operating four different receivers in RF mode. However, what are the four receiver models and what remotes do you have now? Most likely, you’ll need four RC66RX remotes and perhaps an RF antenna IF you have an H25. Additionally, if you have a Genie HD DVR model HR44 or later, RC66RX remotes can’t work with them in RF and the solution is an RC73. 

• 

2 Messages

13 d مضت

The receivers are 3 x H25-100 plus 1 x H24-100

The remotes are RC66RX

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.