Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Gidget62's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 21st, 2015 2:49 PM

How to restore HD DVR's Internet Connection ?

Wants me to : Enter Network Name (SSID)

Enter : passphrase for WPA/WPA2

tried to put in account name and number in one place and password for att in the other one, Says neither one is valid. What goes on those two lines.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

7 years ago

The network name is the Wi-Fi network you're connecting to, and the passphrase is what you type to connect to it. Sort of like if you're connecting to Wi-Fi on your phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

What if it still doesn't connect to my internet? I've had mine since 7-9-16 and been connected maybe two days since then. At the end of my rope with customer service.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Endofmyrope71, post back more details about your equipment ....

DVR model number?

How exactly are you connecting to the internet?

What error messages are you seeing?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

HR54/200 is the reciever The error code is 71-306 It's a wireless connection. I ask when they came to install it if it had anything to do with my internet and was told no. If I had known I would have done things a little differently. After they were done with the install they ask for my password for Internet (didn't I ask that). I have att Internet and there are no problems there according to customer service. Considering paying to get out of contract or contacting an attorney.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.