Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

K

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 2, 2022 7:40 PM

Installation

When we had Direct TV installed at our house several years ago we had a tv in a basement bedroom that had to be wired so my daughter could have it on that TV.  The cable just comes in through the basement ceiling and hangs there cord and all.  Now that my daughter has grown up and moved to her own house, I have made that into a guest bedroom.  The cord hanging there is still very unsightly and I don't like it for a guest bedroom.  It wasn't such a big deal when my daughter lived at our house.  We also don't have a TV in there any more.  So I was going to get rid of the cable and when I unhooked it, all of the TVs in the house quit working.  How can I get this situation fixed?  We don't really need Direct TV in the basement anymore and I don't like that cable hanging in the bedroom coming in from the ceiling.  Wouldn't there be a way to have it come into the house and only hook to the 2 receivers that are on the main level?  If so, does it cost to have someone come in and redo it?  Otherwise, I am thinking about getting only streaming services so that  I wouldn't have to deal with cables coming into the house.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

1.5K Messages

9日前

Yes, you would have to pay for the service call to have someone get rid of the basement coaxial cable and change the splitter from 1x4 to 1x2. I am assuming that the basement has a power inserter or it powers the satellite dish with 21/29V. What error message are you receiving on the other TVs? What are all the current DIRECTV receiver models? If it is error 775, you can try locating the DIRECTV SWM Splitter and changing the POWER PASS port on it from the basement coax to one of the coax cables being run to the main two rooms. That way, the basement coax isn’t needed. From there, you can cut off the basement coax and/or get rid of it any way you’d like. Be sure that the port going to POWER PASS has a power inserter and/or H44/HR54 in the room so that the dish is powered. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

6日前

Yes the error was 775 when I unhooked the cable in the basement

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

1.5K Messages

6日前

Sounds good. Follow the steps I stated earlier or else call DIRECTV (number in my greeting below) to schedule a service visit

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.