Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

JRsaxscot's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Sep 5, 2016 9:11 PM

Installing a DVD player on a Direct TV system

I have a DVD player and want to connect it into the Direct TV system. The instructions that come with the DVD player do not recognize any connection to the Direct TV Salellite box. All  connections are directly to the TV. 

I have a white, red and green connection wire for the DVD player. There is not  an open spot on my TV for any of those connectors, since they are all used to connect with the cabe box.  There is an open spot for the red and green on the cable box,but, again, not for the white.

Needless to say, when i hook the red and green to the cable box, nothing happens. 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 y ago

The DVD player can only be connected to the TV, you may need an composite switch to connect it.  A composite cable only has red/white for audio and yellow for video so don't know where that green one came from unless it is a component cable that has red/white audio and green,red, blue for video.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

5 y ago

Tell us what ports are open on your TV. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

5 y ago

Directv receiver box and DVD player connect to tv seperately, not through each other. Keep in mind if your DVD player has recording/burning capability that it may not be allowed to be plugged in at the same time because of HDCP to prevent unauthorized recording, unless it is HDCP compliant.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 y ago

By its name a DVD player doesn't record plus composite cables don't have HDCP.

brisak

Professor

• 

1K Messages

5 y ago

If you dont have an open spot on your tv for the dvd player. Buy an rf modulator then hook it to your tv cable jack. This will convert the yellow,red,white into a single piece of tv cable to hook to the back of the tv

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.