Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

YaBoNicoAlly's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 5, 2016 1:12 AM

Internet connection to a HD receiver

Is it possible to connect a H24 model receiver to the internet? If so, how is it done?I am using Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome browser.

My email is fobeirne@sbcglobal.net

Thank you.

Frank [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

6 years ago

Is the H24 Receiver your only DirecTV box?   You can simply connect its ethernet port to your home network router for internet access.  But there's not much point to connecting a standalone Receiver to the internet because only HD DVRs can do things like OnDemand.  A standalone Receiver would only use the internet connection to report PPV purchases.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you so much for your input to help me resolve my question. We have two of the receivers in our home but we do not have a DVRconnected to either of them. We do have a phone line connected to both to report our PPV activity.  My query was prompted by information from Dir TV that we could get movies on demand. I see now that it is not possible with our simple equipment.  Thanks again for your input.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks so much for a prompt and clearly stated reply. You saved me some precious time and now I can rewind the ethernet cable  I had installed.

Thanks again. You have been a big help.       YaBo.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

6 years ago

You could call DirecTV and upgrade one of those Receivers to an HD DVR.  You might get a sweet deal. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.