Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

Lucycole's profile
Lucycole
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
Mission control approves!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Thu, Sep 8, 2016 10:48 PM

iPad directv app no longer connects to mobile dvr out of home

i reluctantly upgraded today and now when I'm out of home, I cannot connect to the mobile dvr to watch my playlist and live channels. Please fix this asap. 

lilricky

Former Employee

• 

536 Messages

6 y مضت

Did you setup your iPad while in home and connected to the same network your Genie is on before you tried connecting to your Genie out of home?

Lucycole

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

6 y مضت

I upgraded while out of home because I was given no choice when I loaded my app. Anyhow, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app while on home network and setup the out of home. Once I connected to my out of home hotspot, it will not connect to my mobile dvr. Everything is connected and working when in my home network. Why do you all keep doing this to your customers? I wish I knew....

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y مضت

I am having the same issue now only on my iPhone 6s+, the app still works on my iPads when I am out of my home network

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y مضت

I am having the same issue now only on my iPhone 6s+, the app still works on my iPads when I am out of my home network

Lucycole

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

6 y مضت

Did you contact directv? If yes, what did they say?

Lucycole

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

6 y مضت

I just chatted with directv and it seems they have made the new iPad app for directv for the newest technology and it will not work with the old genieego boxes. I was told that the newest technology is not available yet so why would you put an app out there where you have no choice but to upgrade to and don't have the technology available yet for users of the app. I was told not to upgrade by android tablet or kindle yet. I didn't want to upgrade my iPad but directv gave me no choice. This is pure incompetence. They don't even consider all customers, just some. Mad is not even the word to describe how I feel right now😡

Jeffrey Its one or the other and with the app changing, we are moving away from the GENIEGO device
Jeffrey Again, this is a developing technology and was released while still in Beta Test because of the demand for it
Jeffrey If you have an existing GENIEGO it will work as it should - if you upgrade the app then it has to work with the current Mobile DVR software which is different than the GENIEGO software
BONITA : You all should have realized that not all iPad users of the directv app needed or wanted this new technology
BONITA : We were not given a choice of upgrading or not if we wanted to use the app in our iPads.
Jeffrey I understand that concern and I had to transition over as well. Like all technologies or operating systems, when changes are made there can be a loss as the transition is made to a broader technology
Jeffrey So don't upgrade the software on the other devices
BONITA : I don't understand why that can't be translated to paying customers that keep you able to transition because we are paying for your service. This is incompetence spin the truest sense. And now you're saying Dont upgrade other devices when a choice wasn't given for this upgrade. When is directv going to consider customers first
Jeffrey I'm sorry for this affecting you Bonita, the ability to view the playlist is customer driven so in the broadest sense we have considered customers. We will soon have a GENIE upgrade option for you where you will have the ability to get that Ipad working like the others
BONITA : Nonsense. You should have waited until you had the upgrade ready before transitioning to this new technology. Now you're saying wait. Come on now. This makes no sense
Jeffrey Bonita by putting this out we are serving the broadest range of customers and we are working to accommodate all customers like you

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.