Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

3reddogs3's profile
3reddogs3
Helpful 1
#1 Star!
Supersonic 25!

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

Thu, Jul 16, 2015 11:19 PM

Is the hr54 a genie?

I'm entitled to a free upgrade and I was told by a DTV customer service rep that I can upgrade my old HR22 to an HR54 even though I already have an HR34 Genie.  When I googled "HR54" while I was on the phone with DTV all indications seem to be that it's the newest Genie model.   It's long been understood that you can't have two Genie DVRs but she was insistent that the HR54 isn't a Genie.  Can an HR54 co-exist with my HR34 in my whole-home system?   (By the way, I'm not interested in replacing my HR22 with a Genie mini ... if my HR34 fails I still want to be able to watch television on my 2nd TV.) 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

7 years ago

The HR54 is a Genie and since you can only have one Genie per account, you wont be able to have both.  BTW, the HR54 has no release date as of yet

3reddogs3

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you!!  The gal I talked to was very pleasant but she clearly didn't know what she was talking about.  (She was even ready to write up the order and send a tech to do the install !!)  Guess I'll have to call back and find out what my REAL options are for upgrading my HR22.   

3reddogs3

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

7 years ago

Just called again and the rep was shocked that I had been offered an HR54.  For everyone's info, my available (free) upgrade options for my HR22 are a Genie mini or an HR24.  

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.