Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

laingram's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, December 6th, 2014 3:45 PM

Issues with whole home DVR

I have the following receivers:

• HR44-200 (Genie HD-DVR)
  • HR24-100 (HD-DVR)
  • C41-700 (Genie Mini)

The HR44 has a connected home adapter connected to it. Both the H24 and C41 do not. I also have a DECA Broadband Adapter connected via Ethernet cable to my wireless router.

THe C41 can play recordings from either DVR with no problems. When I try to play a recording on each of the DVRs from the other DVR, I get messages that pop up. On the HR44, it says playback failed and no packets were received from the server. On the HR24, it says it's having trouble accessing the program.

DTV sent out a replacement connected home adapter for the HR44, but I am still experiencing the problem.

Could this be a bad DECA Broadband Adapter? Does the HR44 need the connected adapter? I'm at loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

8 years ago

Remove the DECA from the HR44. All Genies have it built in

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I unplugged the DECA (both cable and power) but still no signal.   cable comes in wall, goes to splitter that would split to DECA and to Genie box.  I removed the cable that was to the DECA.  I removed power to the DECA.   Still reporting no signal.   So, I rebooted the Genie and the blue light Directv on from lit up and started through setup process on TV but then - no signal message on TV and Directv blue light is gone.  Any ideas?

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

6 years ago

@Dupont24 Make sure you TV is on the corect input, then.

start your own new thread.  Include details about your equipment (model numbers, how things are connected, etc), and any troubleshooting you've tried so far. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.