Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

n3ntj1972's profile

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 2:31 PM

LCCs not connected message, yet I use an AM21

The past month or so, I keep getting messages off and on that my setup doesn't see the installed Local Channel Connector (LCC) [LCCs not detected] which blocks me from watching OTA stations through my D* setup, however, interestingly, I've never had LCCs installed. Since late 2010, I've had an AM21 installed which has worked fine to this point. I checked to make sure all connections are secure and found no issues. I have my antennas setup so I can watch them directly through my TVs or through my D* equipment so I can record OTA channels on my DVR.

The last update shown on my HR54 is from early Sept. so it doesn't seem like this issue popped up due to a software update. I often need to do a system reboot or sometimes just unplug and plug back in the AM21 for the message to go away. The LCC message shows up intermittently although the AM21 remains plugged in at all times. Anyone else seeing this message?

Other than the OTA setup in the HR54 which does not actually ask about if I have an AM21 or LCCs, I see nothing causing the issue other than possibly a faulty AM21. I did run a system test and everything came back as OK. At that time, the LCC message wasn't popping up. I get the message on either receiver (the HR54 or the C61K) that is connected.

An interesting observation, in the past when I'd turn off my HR54, the blue LEDs on the HR54 and, I believe, the single blue LED on the AM21 would both go off. Now, I notice that the AM21's single blue LED stays on most times. I have the AM21 set up to not get power from the HR54 since the HR54 does not have a supplemental power port to supply power to the AM21. The AM21 has its own power cord which gets plugged in independently of the HR54. I had an HR24 before the HR54, and the HR24, I recall, had a power port where I would plug in the AM21's power to the rear of the HR24. I upgraded to the HR54/C61K (4k) setup about 4 years ago and the AM21 has worked perfectly fine all along until these recurring intermittent messages.

If I call D* to see if they will replace the AM21 with an LCC, will D* remove HD LILs from my account? I recall they were doing this a while back if someone choose to get an LCC. Since I am in b/w my areas' transmission sites, I still need D* LILs to get all of my network HD channels as I can't get most of them OTA.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

747 Messages

1 year ago

I think it's an intersection of those that should be available in your market with those that the AM21 is getting clear reception of.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

So when doing the OTA setup, you say that the HR54 checks the AM21 to see what stations it can receive? This sort of doesn't make sense as a lot of the Philly OTAs I can't receive (including a few VHF stations and numerous low power UHF stations), yet those stations all still used to show up as 'available' after completing the OTA setup. I would just go in and manually remove the ones I didn't want from showing in my guide.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

I found a 2nd AM21 and plugged it in. It works fine although a few Harrisburg OTA stations don't display in the OTA setup from scratch. I can only have 1 antenna plugged in at a time (no splitter) so all Philly OTA stations and some Harrisburg ones display. Apparently, the AM21 is used when doing the OTA setup on the HR54. I am b/w Harrisburg, PA and Philly so I have 2 different antennas.. one pointed towards Harrisburg and one pointed towards Philly.

If I plugged in my Harrisburg antenna during the setup, I am guessing the Harrisburg OTAs would all display and some/most of the Philly ones would disappear.

Interestingly, before my other AM21 went haywire, all of the Harrisburg and Philly OTAs showed up (no matter which antenna I plugged into the AM21 during OTA setup) which made me think the signals that were 'live' on the AM21 at the time didn't come into play when doing the OTA setup on the HR54.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.