Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

photorob's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 12th, 2016 12:19 AM

LG EF9500 C61k

I have had 3 service calls and spent at least 4-5 hours on phone withDirect TV and still have not got final answer. It appears that this TV should work with C61k box but it is unclear that the local installers will get or that the tech will know anything about when it arrives. I spent another hour on phone with supposible manager in tech support today. Does anyone know if the regular genie mini just needs to be swapped out for the Geni Mini C61k box. I am so frustrated that I would be willing to order myself if this would avoid waiting another 5 hours for tech to show up without proper equiptment or knowledge. I had installed 2 weeks ago and have latest Geni receiver 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Sky456

Former Employee

• 

889 Messages

7 years ago

You just need a C61K Genie mini attached to the 4K TV since that TV is not a 4K DirecTV Ready TV. You will also need a DECA (provided by DirecTV upon installation).

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.3K Messages

7 years ago

The only way to get 4K output over HDMI is with a C61K mini. You may need to try different HDMI ports on the TV to get it.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

7 years ago

@photorob Check the LG App Store to see if the DirecTV app is there, if it is, you don't need the C61K as you can use the app instead of it.  Al you would need is a broadband DECA connected to the back of you LG TV.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.