Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

alsl1978's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 11:38 PM

Local Channels

I have an HD reciever  on one tv, and the other two tvs do not, the hd tv is not showing the local channels,,, while the other two are?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Just called DTV - it's a system wide outage for Atlanta area. It's only HD, he advised SD local channels should be working, however I did not check to verify.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Hurricane Sandy has wiped out the broadcasting center for 8 states along the eastern coast. This affects only the HD locals from Florida up. You can still watch the SD version of the channels. For most HD users this requires changing the settings to display both HD & SD channels in your guide.

Step 1. hit the "menu" button on your remote.

Step 2. Navigate to "settings & help" and then select "settings".

Step 3. select "Display".

Step 4. select "preferences".

Step 5. navigate to "guide HD channels" and select to change it to read "show all channels".

THIS WILL NOW DISPLAY THE SD VERSION IN YOUR GUIDE AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO VIEW THESE CHANNELS. DTV HAS NOT YET BEEN ABLE TO CONFIRM WHEN THE HD VERSION WILL BE BACK UP BUT THIS SHOULD GET YOU BACK TO WATCHING THE VOICE OR REVOLUTION TONIGHT.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

10 years ago

DirecTV
Important Alert: Due to a fiber outage customers in the markets listed below are experiencing HD channel signal issues. While we work on restoring the signals as quick as possible, please know you may still watch the SD channels in your market. 

Markets include Albany NY, Atlanta GA, Baltimore MD, Bangor ME, Beaumont TX, Boston MA, Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Florence - Myrtle Beach SC, Fort Myers FL, Gainesville FL, Greensboro NC, Greenville NC, Harrisburg PA, Hartford CT, Hattiesburg MS, Jackson MS, Jacksonville FL, Lake Charles LA, Miami FL, New York NY, Norfolk VA, Orlando FL, Philadelphia PA, Portland ME, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Savannah GA, Springfield MA, Tampa FL, West Palm Beach FL, and Wilkes Barre PA.

For continued information stay tuned to our Hurricane Sandy Channel numbers 325 and 349. 

Thank you and stay safe.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.