Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

jhawker23's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sun, May 18, 2014 2:25 PM

Closed

Losing connection to DVR service when walking on floor

About 70% of the time, if someone walks through our living room, we lose the DVR connection, I believe it is the base has become disconnected message. So I exit, turn the channels a few times, go back into list and it's back. The time to return is random but usually it's pretty quickly, less than a minute.

I have reseated all of the connections and done the whole system unplug routine. The problem is isolated to this one receiver.

I have no picture problems, pixelation, etc.

Help?

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

8 y ago

How is your DirecTV system connected to the internet?

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 y ago

HR21-200 and H25-500

I only know that the coax comes into the house, into a powered “adapter” and into the DVR.

I only have DSL and it’s not connected to that service.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

8 y ago

Press the DASH button on your DirecTV remote, does the pop up message indicates "Internet: Connected"?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 y ago

It says Internet Never Connected

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

8 y ago

I would make sure the DECA connection is tight behind the DVR along with its ethernet jumper and all LEDs are green.  if all is good, then perhaps you have a defective DECA.  you can call DirecTV for a replacement

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 y ago

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

What’s weird though is the DVR is in the basement. The only place that has a problem is the upstairs living room receiver. And it happens when someone walks through the room. It can be as sensitive as stopping if you tip toe into the room. Could a bad connection be that sensitive?

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

8 y ago

definitely is not normal, but if something is loose, that is to be expected

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.