Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

philkryder's profile
philkryder
#1 Star!
Supersonic 25!
Mission control approves!

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

Sun, Aug 26, 2007 6:43 PM

?MANUAL record:how do I change the number kept?

Based on a recent post that John Stewart Daily show has invalid guide data, I changed it to MANUAL.

But, I can't find how to change the copies kept, or to change the KEEP until option.

Also, will this show up in the play list as MANUAL recorded, or will it show DAILY SHOW WITH JOHN STEWART.
It would be nice if once recorded, it would put info with the show.

Thanks
Phil
greywolf

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

15年前

Find the Manual recording in the Prioritizer. If it isn't there, you didn't set it up correctly.
carl6

Professor

• 

2K Messages

15年前

In checking my own R15, here is what I found.

I am unable to change the number of copies, or the Keep Until criteria for the manual series. I can change the Keep Until criteria on individual manual recordings in the Playlist. The number seems to be locked at 5 episodes.

The manual recording will show up in the List as "Manual Recording Everyday". When you highlight an individual episode, the information above the list will correctly state the name of the show, but that doesn't appear in the playlist title.

It appears yours is working the same as mine.

Carl
greywolf

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

15年前

Eek! It's a good thing I always view the programming before 5 episodes accumulate. I haven't run into the situation with my only manual recording yet but that needs a software change.
philkryder

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

15年前

I agree with you on this post - though your prior response was a bit of shoot-from-the-lip/hip.

Yes, it "appears" that there are only a few lines of menu space and manual needs them for other things.

I would like to be able to REDUCE the number kept to 1 and change the keep until.

This was an attempt to mitigate the FORCED CANCEL DUE TO the "TO DO LIST" exceeding 100 caused by shows like The Daily show with John stewart having invalid Guide data.

I change to a once-a-day manual recording for a full hour to pick up BOTH Stewart and Colbert, with only a single TO-DO entry.

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the number kept or keep until.
It would be adequate to be able to do this from the Prioritizer if there is not enough space on the manual screen to fit it in.

Best
Phil
greywolf

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

15年前

Yeah. I'm glad you posted that. I just moved my manual recording from an HR10 that handled that okay. I never encountered the situation before and didn't realize a manual recording was handled that differently. I learn a lot here.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.