Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Xuxami1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Aug 20, 2018 9:12 PM

My Harmony remote causes directv box to freeze up

When I turn off the tv with my Harmony remote, it causes the directv box (mini) to freeze up. The only way to unfreeze it is to unplug it. Pushing the reset button does nothing. Anyone else have this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Hi All,

I work for Harmony Remotes and I was able to resolve the issue by changing the order of the devices powering off in the DirecTV activity. I made it so that the DirecTV was shutting off first and then the other devices.

In order to change the sequence of commands in the end sequence of the activity please look at the following article.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/change-device-power-on-order-when-starting-an-activity

If by chance this doesn't work I would suggest changing the Inter-Device delay on your DirecTV to 1000ms as well to give it some time before it receives a command.

I hope this helps, and as a side note we are still looking into the issue and hope to have a fix soon. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

What happens if you turn off the TV using its own remote, or front panel power button?

What model is your Mini?  How is it connected to your TV?

tgreaves

Former Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 y ago

Hi @Xuxami1,

please run the utilities tests in diagnostic mode, this will take a while. once finished everything should look good. hopefully no more freezing/lockups.

Run the short smart test, then run the surface test when going to bed. 

Fingers cross it fixes the freezing errors

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

@tgreaves wrote:

Hi @Xuxami1,

please run the utilities tests in diagnostic mode, this will take a while. once finished everything should look good. hopefully no more freezing/lockups.

Run the short smart test, then run the surface test when going to bed. 

Fingers cross it fixes the freezing errors

Mini Genies have no hard drive.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Same exact issue. Just got a new box and it happened on there too. 

Literally havent had had this issue for two years then in the past week or so it happened. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Same thing happens to me with Harmony Elite. Logitech says they are working on a fix. Been over a week.  Nothing so far

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

And it works fine with the DirecTV remote?

Puzzling.  I've had no issues with my Logitech Harmony remote on my HR44 setup.

KesmaiMaster

Professor

• 

20 Messages

3 y ago

That could be IR code, check that you have the make/model in the Harmony correct(not just genie).

You can also Teach the mini's power button code to the Harmony if you still have the mini's remote.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

DirecTV remote works fine. Called Harmony they checked the ir code. C61K-700 is the client.  Happened right after the last firmware update. Hope they have a fix for it because right now the Harmony is useless to use with DirecTV

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Thank you @Shonest!! I have one extremely happy husband! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

What is the fix for this issue when changing activities? This fix works when shutting off the system but my Genie mini still locks up when switching to another activity without shutting down the entire system. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Ya that is happening on mine too. Maybe we need to make sure the first
thing for all activity is turning off DirectTV, but the DirecTV is just a
toggle on and off so it may turn it back on if it was not on already.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.