Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

ndinin's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, March 16th, 2014 5:58 PM

My Quick Tune

Quick Tune works downstairs but in the bedroom all I get when selecting a station is a thump sound when hitting SELECT and nothing is entered into the box. Any suggestions out there??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

9 years ago

Correct and the ENTER button on the RC65 and higher remotes are underneath the number 9

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

9 years ago

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks.

By accident I was reading another thread and found out that on my remote,(although on the screen it says push "enter") I have to push the GREEN button to enter the channel.

dcd

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

9 years ago

I don't have an R71 to try this on but apparently you may be confused between the "Select" and the "Enter" buttons.  The screen calls for Enter (lower right of keypad) and you pressed the Select, thus the thump sound (indicates wrong button pressed).

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=rc71&d=directv-rc71-universal-genie-directv-remote-(rc71)&utm_campaign=base&utm_m…

Note that once Quick Tune is set up using the Enter button, the Select button is used to tune to the channels on the Quick Tune screen.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you, I never noticed the ENTER button below 9. I must be blind. Doug

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you, I never noticed the ENTER button below 9. I must be blind. Doug

dcd

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

9 years ago

Don't be embarrassed Doug, your "problem" has popped up in various posts on a number of occasions over the years.  The important thing is you get your Quick Tune running properly.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.