Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

djchawk's profile
djchawk
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

Wednesday, January 25th, 2023 2:15 AM

new mobile app doesn't allow recording on multiple receivers?

I recently downloaded the DirecTV mobile app for Android onto my phone. It is v4.0.43.38519.  I also left the "old" app installed, v5.29.  Thank goodness the old one still works, but I'm sure it won't be allowed any day now.

My question about the new app is I don't see a way to record a show on multiple receivers.  The old app allowed me to select "Bedroom and Barn" (for example), but the new app only permits recording to one receiver in the same operation.  Am I overlooking something?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

13 days ago

This is a known bug in the new app if or when DTV fixes it is unknown as there where posts here at an update app was to be released yesterday.  There have been no post about being able to record to different DVRs with the new app.

djchawk

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

13 days ago

Thanks for the info!  I'll keep a lookout for an updated app. (seems like a pretty serious miss, not being able to record to multiple DVRs).

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

13 days ago

After AT&T acquired DirecTV, they pushed hard for an all-in-one setup (i.e. Genie with only Mini Genie Clients). I wouldn't be surprised if the new app was not intended to select multiple HDDVRs, as independent HDDVRs haven't been made in years. So having barn on a separate dish with box not connected to the others, was something they weren't planning for with new customers.

Hopefully the new co-owner will change the direction on equipment, including updates to the new app to fully support non-traditional setups. Having a building with separate dish (barn, detached garage, guest house, etc.) on the same service address shouldn't be too uncommon. We really need updated independent HDDVRs to work with newer Genie setups from the get-go.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.