Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

sirbt1965's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Dec 9, 2008 7:32 PM

Newbie setup - sorry in advance for the length - surround sound question

Greetings!

I'm hoping someone can walk me thru how to configure my devices correctly so I can listen to my HD channels in Dolby surround in addition to my DVDs.

I have a DirecTV H21 HD receiver with the video connected via RGB to an older Mitsubishi big screen HD projection TV (WS-73907 - no HDMI input). The fiber-optic audio out port from the H21 is connected to the fiber-optic audio in port on my Panasonic SC-PT760 HTIB system. The video out from the PT760 is connected to the component on on the 73907. I have zero issues with HD pictures from either the H21 or the PT760, those are both working great and look pretty sweet on the giant screen. 🙂 The problem I have is with Dolby surround when I watch HD TV shows that transmit 5.1 with the show - I simply don't get any sound on my rear speakers.

I've gone thru and changed, unchanged, tweaked, untweaked, etc. the various settings on both the H21 and the PT760 and for the life of me I cannot get it right. I've tuned to various shows to ensure I am getting 5.1 from DirecTV and tried as many settings on both as I could find online to try and find the right combo. No luck yet.

I'm hoping someone here is familiar with the H21 / PT760 working together and can tell me if / how they managed to get theirs working (and I'll let you know if I've already tried it 🙂 ). I work in IT so I'll be happy to dive in the middle or work from Step 1, whichever ends up getting this setup to sound the way it should.

Thanks for taking the time to review this message!

-Lee
No Responses!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.