Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

jerry1940's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 11:32 PM

No Local Channels

My local channels all went out about 7:15 p.m. EST.  I receive locals out of Atlanta.  Is there some sort of system problems or do I have dish problems.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Problem seemed to happen around the time Directv added channel 349 for local coverage of the hurricane, funny that we can view nyc channels on 349 and cannot get our local channels,

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Can someone provide input on how to access SD channels in the Atlanta area? I have changed settings preferences to display SD channels. They are not showing up in the guide.

thanks

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

How long will this situation continue? Until life is back to normal in NYC? This means end of this week, maybe!!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by faziofamily 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewg 

Hurricane Sandy has wiped out the broadcasting center for 8 states along the eastern coast. This affects only the HD locals from Florida up. You can still watch the SD version of the channels. For most HD users this requires changing the settings to display both HD & SD channels in your guide.

Step 1. hit the "menu" button on your remote.

Step 2. Navigate to "settings & help" and then select "settings".

Step 3. select "Display".

Step 4. select "preferences".

Step 5. navigate to "guide HD channels" and select to change it to read "show all channels".

THIS WILL NOW DISPLAY THE SD VERSION IN YOUR GUIDE AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO VIEW THESE CHANNELS. DTV HAS NOT YET BEEN ABLE TO CONFIRM WHEN THE HD VERSION WILL BE BACK UP BUT THIS SHOULD GET YOU BACK TO WATCHING THE VOICE OR REVOLUTION TONIGHT.

My "guide HD channels" is set to "Hide HD channels" and I am unable to change it, but thanks for trying to help. 🙂

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

10 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by greensouth 

Can someone provide input on how to access SD channels in the Atlanta area? I have changed settings preferences to display SD channels. They are not showing up in the guide.

thanks

you can't.  unfortunately, there are no SD channels in on the Atlanta, GA area

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

No local SD channels in Charleston, SC either. Boo! I'm gonna miss Castle. Cry

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

You should be able to change the "guide HD channels" setting by hitting enter on the current setting. You will then see a list. Pick the one that allows both and wait a few minutes. Then go to your Guide. If you are in a guide that you set up of favorites, hit the yellow button and pick the "change favorites" option. Then pick the option of "channels I get". You should then be able to see both SD and HD versions of the locals.

If the problem is Sandy related, I would think it could be more than a one day problem.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Stinks when all your recordings are messed

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

HD DVR is not smart enough to record the SD channels when the HD are out --- poor design.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

They could at least give us the National feeds.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

They could....and should map working feeds over to the non working feeds so the recording would work and user experience would be somewhat transparent other than viewing things in SD rather than HD....They could do it on their end and address everyone from their end rather then expect every user to enable the SD channels....but I guess caring about the subscribers is not all that important.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The hurricane has nothing to do with it.  This appears to be a technical issue with the HD feed from the satellite that services the local channels.  This has happened before.  My frustration is that when the customer service volume increases, DTV hasn't prepared for how to handle it.  If only there were companies that could help them with that.  Oh wait, MY company does that.  Guess we'll make a few calls tomorrow....  🙂

customer1

Scholar

• 

172 Messages

10 years ago

Some of the call centers and some of the workers are in the midst of the storm and cannot work, may not be able to get to work or are evacuated from their homes. Hundreds of people unable to work or be home, and thousands of more callers calling in due to the storms...that is why wait times are high. Wait until you have to be evacuated or someday run the risk of losing all that you own...then a few local channels and wait times will seem less important.
peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

10 years ago

DirecTV
Important Alert: Due to a fiber outage customers in the markets listed below are experiencing HD channel signal issues. While we work on restoring the signals as quick as possible, please know you may still watch the SD channels in your market. 

Markets include Albany NY, Atlanta GA, Baltimore MD, Bangor ME, Beaumont TX, Boston MA, Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Florence - Myrtle Beach SC, Fort Myers FL, Gainesville FL, Greensboro NC, Greenville NC, Harrisburg PA, Hartford CT, Hattiesburg MS, Jackson MS, Jacksonville FL, Lake Charles LA, Miami FL, New York NY, Norfolk VA, Orlando FL, Philadelphia PA, Portland ME, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Savannah GA, Springfield MA, Tampa FL, West Palm Beach FL, and Wilkes Barre PA.

For continued information stay tuned to our Hurricane Sandy Channel numbers 325 and 349. 

Thank you and stay safe.
Like · · Share · 1628942 · 10 minutes ago ·

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by customer1 
Some of the call centers and some of the workers are in the midst of the storm and cannot work, may not be able to get to work or are evacuated from their homes. Hundreds of people unable to work or be home, and thousands of more callers calling in due to the storms...that is why wait times are high. Wait until you have to be evacuated or someday run the risk of losing all that you own...then a few local channels and wait times will seem less important.

Give me a break. They should not have a single point of failure. They should have redundancy and backup plans. Im sure they will still expect everyone to pay their bills regardless of where they are located. VERY POOR PLANNING ON THEIR PART.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.