Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

bstock75022's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 5:36 PM

Playback Freezes / DVR Disconnects

So, over the last several days we have been receiving the error that our HD DVR (HR34-700) is disconnected and any playback will stop.  This problem had been intermittent and occurs on all receivers (H25-500).  The newest problem is now the pausing of a playback.  The playback will freeze every 30 seconds or so, lasting a second or two, until it ultimately stops playing altogether.

What other equipment do we have?  We have the Genie Go

So what has changed?  Well, our internet router died completely and we replaced it more than 2 weeks ago.  For the first week everything was just fine. 

What have I done to try to fix this?

1. Replaced the cable on the coax/ethernet bridge (have also set a continuous ping and no loss of connection has been seen)

2. Changed the port on the switch that the coax/ethernet bridge was plugged in to

3. Plugged an ethernet cable into the HD DVR

4. Rebooted and reset all receivers

5. Run the HD smart test and surface test

No issues have been found and nothing has fixed the issue

So here are my questions:

1.  My Wireless router is also connected to the Coax network, should I disconnect and only have the Directv Coax Bridge connected?

2.  Should I plug or unplug the ethernet cable into the HD DVR?

3.  Does port forwarding need to be configured for all receivers or just the Genie?  Currently, all receivers have ports open.

4.  Should I just ask for a new HD DVR?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

9 years ago

1.  So you also have a DECA BB and a Wireless CCK.  you can have EITHER one but NEVER both at the same time

dtvuser2013

Guru

• 

867 Messages

9 years ago

I would restore network defaults in all locations/ menu/settings/network setup/restore defaults. This will force

The receivers to setup new IP addresses and get them on the same page

After that's done red button reset all receivers and then see where you are at

dcd

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

9 years ago

And, if you're using either, you cannot connect an Ethernet cable to the HR34.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks to everyone.  I did a couple of things: 1) set ip address of all set boxes to consecutive address, 2) red button reset all boxes, 3) removed coax cable from router, using only Directv coax bridge, 4) verified all boxes are connected to network

BUT, I think the mistake I had made was hooking up the ethernet cable to the HD DVR.  All is good!

Thanks again!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.