Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

killiang's profile
killiang
#1 Star!
Supersonic 25!
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

Fri, May 21, 2010 5:01 AM

Question regarding online games. (Couldn't find Internet subsection of Forums)

I couldn't find an Internet subsection of the forums so I thought I'd post in general Troubleshooting. I would post over at WildBlue, but they won't even talk to me, saying that all tech support is contracted through DTV.

Anyway, I've been thinking about jumping on the World of Warcraft bandwagon lately, or maybe some other online game, if the market in WoW has gone the way of Ultima Online or *shudders* Lineage. I wouldhave signed on for Warhammer Online, but then they had that billing fiasco.

What I want to know is how online gaming affects my download/upload allowance. Like, what information, aside from my character's X, Y, and Z location on a map, is being transferred at any given time, and how large is this data? How fast would this use up my data transfer allowance, considering that I'm currently subscribed to the highest level Internet service package?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

516 Messages

1 m ago

DIRECTV is not providing Internet service.  Figure out who your Internet provider is and ask them.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.3K Messages

1 m ago

The internet service forum is here:

https://forums.att.com/categories/internet-forum/

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.