Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

greginhawaii's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Oct 30, 2015 9:54 PM

RC73 Genie remote setup code for TCL Roku tv

I just got a TCL Roku TV (model 40FS3750) from Costco and tried to set it up to work with my RC73 Genie Remote.  However none of the codes for the TCL tv brand worked properly (volume does not work, although the tv turns on/off); also there are no codes for Roku.  I found on the forum that Dynex worked with the RC72 remote; and after some experimentation found that the Dynex DXR32TV code worked for me (the DXR32 did not work). 

Has anyone else had this issue or found a better code that will work with my particular TCL Roku model and the RC73 Genie Remote?

Hopefully in the future DirecTV will update their codes to work with the new TCL Roku TV models.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

The Dynex codes worked for me too! Went to Menu-settings-remote control-pair/program remote. Choose a Dynex TV ( not TCL). Select from their list of models. Second from the bottom worked for me. DXR32tv

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

So what are the codes ??? You say they work for you. Can we all share the codes ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I used the “10885” on my RCA rtru5527-us and it worked instantly...been trying to figure it out for days. Thanks...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Awesome...thank you!  It worked on the RCA Roku!  But I could not set the input to where it would go straight to tv, so right now, still have to use 2 remotes.  Not giving up.  Any more advice.....

Contributor

3 y ago

I just bought a TCL 55" 4K S405 TV and cannot find directions or codes to program my RC73 Directv remote. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Contributor

2 y ago

I have a RC73 remote from Direct tv and at what point do you put in the code 10885 when paring with a Sharp ROKU tv?  I still cant get volume and on/off to work.

Employee

2 y ago

To pair the remote manually with the TV you will need to follow the following directions. On the older universal remotes, RC66 and earlier, you will enter the 5 digit code all at the same time. I have included the instructions for both types of remotes below.

RC73 Genie Remote

Press and hold both MUTE & SELECT buttons till the LED between the ON & OFF buttons at the top of the remote flash 2 times.

Release both buttons and enter the first digit of the code “1”

You should get another double flash from the LED between the ON & OFF buttons again.

Now enter the last 4 numbers of the code “0885”

You  should get another 2 flashes from the LED between the ON & OFF buttons 

Now point the remote at the TV and try the volume. Should work now.

If it doesn’t, then repeat the process one more time.

If it still doesn’t  work the follow the directions below for resetting any Directv remote back to factory default. This will eliminate any programming that has been done to date for both RF and TV codes.

RC66(RXB) or earlier model Directv remotes

First slide the function switch (DTV/AV1/AV2/TV) to the far right TV position.

Press and hold both MUTE & SELECT buttons till the LED above the sliding switch in the TV position at the top of the remote flash 2 times. (Light/LED is directly underneath the word “TV”)

Release both buttons and enter the five digit code 10885.

You will get 2 more flashes in the TV position.

now point the remote at TV and try the volume and the “PWR” button below the sliding switch. The “PWR” button will power on/off whatever device is programmed to the position of the switch.

If they both work you have programmed the remote to the TV.

Once completed you need to slide the FUNCTION Switch all the way left to the Directv/AT&T position. You will now be able to control all of the functions of the Directv receiver and the TV functions you were able to get programmed successfully from this position.

Program TV INPUT on White Universal remote

If you want to try and program the “TV Input” button left of the sliding switch, Slide the function switch (DTV/AV1/AV2/TV) to the far right TV position.

Press and hold both MUTE & SELECT buttons till the LED above the sliding switch in the TV position at the top of the remote flash 2 times. (Light/LED is directly underneath the word “TV”)

Release both buttons and enter the three digit code 960

TV light should flash 2 more times.

Press the TV INPUT button 2 times.

If does not work try it one more time.

If still not working, this code most likely does not support that function.

The other option is to program the TV to another code that works for volume & power and then try the TV INPUT programming process again.

Once completed you need to slide the FUNCTION Switch all the way left to the Directv/AT&T position. You will now be able to control all of the functions of the Directv receiver and the TV functions you were able to get programmed successfully from this position.

Reset All Directv remotes to Factory Default status

This will eliminate any programming for all special functions accept basic IR operation of Directv receivers.

IF you try to program a remote to a different TV and it does not work then you should reset the remote back to factory default.

Process is as follows:

First, make sure the sliding function switch (DTV/AV1/AV2/TV) to the far left DTV/ATT position.

Press and hold both MUTE & SELECT buttons till the LED above the sliding switch in the DTV position at the top of the remote flash 2 times. (Light/LED is directly underneath the word “DTV”)

Release both buttons and enter the three digit code 981.

You will get 4 more flashes in the DTV position.

Now you will need to reprogram the remote to whatever TV you want to control. If this is a Genie remote control you will need to program the Genie remote to RF if you want to operate in RF mode or try using the automated process of programming the RC70/71/72/73 remote using the menu system in the Genie system.

It is always possible that it still will not program to some TV’s.

Directv does not guarantee their remotes will program to all brands and models of TV.

Contributor

2 y ago

• Thank you so much tkelemenjr!!! 10885 worked. You’re the only person I found after much searching to actually write down what the code was! My tv was an ONN 40in Roku tv. And directv remote was RC73. 

2 y ago

Just bought a TCL series 6 model 55 inch 613, using RC73 remote from Direct TV. Volume and off/on on remote wasn’t working on my Direct TV remote. Thanks to your for forum i tried entering the Vizio code 10885. Works perfectly.

Push mute and select buttons, green light flashes twice, enter code, remote will flash 2 green lights again. That’s it. Easy and works. Thanks everyone.

1 y ago

I have a TCL Roku tv. I entered in code “10885” on my RC73 DirecTv and it powers the tv on and off and volume works. It didn’t do nothing else. And adding to that it’s on the language setup screen and it won’t let me press English or press right on the arrow pad like it’s supposed to. PLEASE HELP!!!

Visitor

9 m ago

Just bought 43" TCL (43S525).  I pressed mute and select at the same time and entered code 10885 on my Direct TV Genie remote and now I can control volume with the Direct TV remote for cable on the TCL.  I wish the Roku remote could control both the satellite channels (Direct TV) and the streaming channels.  Maybe someday??? 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.