Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

aleciasouth's profile

Wednesday, March 18th, 2020 8:37 PM

Closed

Receiver box freezes up

Direct tv receiver box freezes up and the remote does not respond you can’t change channels or turn off

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Issues w/ DirecTV Master DVR

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Same here. Seems to be maybe related to a recent software update. The same one that puts the crappy screen saver ads up almost instantly on pausing.

4 years ago

I pressed rewind and it wouldn't stop rewinding. No matter what i did, it wouldn't stop until it reached the end of the time it had been on that channel. It's done that twice in the last 3 hours.

And, now it just shut itself down. When I turned it back on, it started the receiver self check.

Seriously irritating.

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

It has happened to me on pause and on listing recordings. Just hangs. No input accepted. I did notice it also loses any recording that is going on while it is locked up. Only a hard reset seems to fix.

Additionally the menu system is noticably slower.

VERY frustrating.

Having the same problem with the picture feeezing and remote not working. We’ve unplugged the power cord 3 times today so far. We’ve also experienced the rewind not stopping in the last few days, not today though.

Quite frustrating when you’re trying to unwind from the day.

4 years ago

It happen twice tonight for me .I was watching a recorded show and It wouldn’t fast forwarded .I could not turn it off it just freezes

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

Just spoke with customer service. Apparently 'today' they are doing some updates to 'stuff' in certain markets that is causing receivers to lock up. They expect to be compleeted soon and the issues should clear. If we continue to have issues, we should call... For what it's worth.

Doesn't explain the other lockups, but today does seem to be much worse than the past few months. guess it's wait and see for a day or so. Keeping the power cord accessible... lol.

did you find a phone # to speak to someone or use chat? I couldn't find a # to call.

thank you. I'm glad someone was able to speak to a human. Its helps to know that it is a system issue. Hope they fix it.......without charging us $$$$$$$$

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

@PamB Just used the regular ATT Cust. Serv. number then navigated the excessive labyrinth of automation and customer avoidance technology…

4 years ago

mine has done the same thing I just reset it twice with in the last hour. and of course there is no one to chat with.

Mentor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

My HR44-500 did this tonight, twice! The first time I did a RBR, that didn't work. The second time I just pulled the plug for a few seconds. that worked, for now. The last update was in December. Wouldn't be surprised if it was that worthless screen saver!

(edited)

4 years ago

Same thing for me twice tonight. Genie2 server freezes and the two front lights blink red. Had to reset the server to get everything back up and running.

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Seem to have the same problem. Software reported is version 0x12e5 but this apparently updated many weeks ago but problem only appeared this last week. Required a red-button reset on the HR54-500. Then a few days later, locked up again and then again a couple of hours later.

Problem seems to be in the HR54 and not in the networked C61K. When signal on C61K locks up, HR54 is still functioning. But if the same recorded content is chosen on the HR54, then it locks up as well.

Everything worked great in the setup for many, many months without issue so it seems reasonable that some recent software update caused the issue. DirecTV, any chance of a fix soon?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Not only did screen lock up, but DVR turned off and reset- missed parts of Survivor. Also having issues connecting to mini-DVR several times this week in same room. Had to reset the Master DVR to get it to connect. Anyone else have these same problems this week?

4 years ago

The main unit in the living room locked up around 8:30 EST and has yet to correct itself even after multiple hard resets. Picture eventually comes back but still can’t change the channel or use the guide. Took forever just to navigate the call tree to be placed on hold for so many hours I went to bed and gave the phone to my wife. No one ever picked up. Just checked this morning and it’s still won’t respond to commands from the remote.

I’ve had DTV for 13 years and there service and technology have only gotten worse. This company is trash.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.