Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

O

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Jun 25, 2022 7:12 PM

reciever network with dtv remote app for business

can i connect all my receivers to a router via cat 6 and control them with an app?

if so will i need internet connection or just wifi to control each receiver from said app?

Accepted Solution

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

3 m مضت

@shannon02  they are connected to the internet via either a CCK wirelessly or DECA BB wired.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

3 m مضت

Yes, you are able to attach all receivers to the router using an Ethernet switch. You use the DIRECTV for BUSINESS application on a tablet to control the TVs. 

You will need an internet connection for this. 

Just curious, what are your current receiver models? I am assuming they are H25s but just wanted to clarify.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

3 m مضت

@olliep48 sorry for not mentioning that earlier. Yes, you will need something called a DECA BB to connect the H25s to the Internet. 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

3 m مضت

Since the H25 can't use On Demand since there is no hard drive to buffer it there is no need to connect them to the internet which is why they don't have RJ45 ports, how they are a controlled by the business app is unknown to me. 

DIRECTVhelp

Community Support

• 

16.4K Messages

3 m مضت

Hello @olliep48,

We just received the details of your case and we want to thank you for your recent posting, we appreciate your participation within the Business Community. I'll be more than happy to take a look at this for you so we can get things back on track. I have marked our conversation as private so that I can get a few more details to further assist you. Please reply with the following information:

Contact Name:
Contact #:
email:
Account details:

Kim
AT&T Business Social Media

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

3 m مضت

This post is not private don't post any info here.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.