Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Jedo05's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 3:43 AM

Recording a show

I try recording a show and the Genie 2 will only allow the show to be recorded on an east coast channel and I reside in the central time zone. How do I correct this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, I noticed the same "All Channels" instead of the individual channel number.  Another across the board system software modification with wrinkles.  In the meantime I will continue to use my RECORD ONCE option specifying the desired channel for all episodes.  A hassle, but works.  Thanks for your feedback to the community. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

In my case, it recorded (?) the show. then told me I'm not subscribed to that channel.  Thus, I couldn't watch the show, because On Demand tries to show me the show that I recorded.  Think I'm getting dizzy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have had the same problem as above l. Very irritating. Direct tv has gotten horrible since being bought out by att 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We are having the same issue it just started today with cbs station my mom was on the phone for a hour and the lady just made it worse. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Can we get a response from att on this forum?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17K Messages

5 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Also had the same problem with CBS (Kiro 7 from Seattle).  The DVR was defaulting to channel 390.  I set the DVR to record "celebrity big brother" on CBS and when I checked the "upcoming recordings", the DVR had set itself to record 390.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

So what we have is a problem with the Genie 2 software and no solution in site.

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

5 years ago

I have a workaround.  Go to GUIDE, select the channel you want your program to record from, select INFO.  Arrow down to OTHER SHOWINGS.  This will list every channel available with the desired program, even those you don't subscribe to.  On right side of screen arrow down to your desired channel, select RECORD ONCE.  Continue down list of channels and repeat for next episode(s).  Tedious, but does work.

I experienced this same scenario last evening while attempting to record "X-Files' on FOX.  I live in the PST and when I had selected RECORD SERIES it automatically selected Channel 398 FOX East Coast.  It selects the first channel with the earliest air time, in my case 6 P.M. EST.  I needed my local channel FOX on West Coast 9 P.M. PST.

As mentioned above in other Post(s) it even recorded the East Coast channel, even though I don't subscribe to it.  Of course when viewing "...not authorized..." - lights on nobody home!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I spoke with Directv this morning and they said they are aware of the problem and it has been escalated to Engineering but it could take 2 weeks to be corrected. In the meantime I guess we will just have to keep an eye on it and make sure our local channels are recording on the proper channel and not channels we don’t get. It still makes no sense to me why it would even record from a channel we don’t have access to!

We’ve been experiencing this issue at our house for the last month or so, but last night was the first time it happened with the local channels and made us miss a show. In the past month I’ve had a show I set up to record through the guide on Bravo actually recorded on E! when E! replayed the show. I also have a recording set up on BBC for Blue Planet and it recorded on the 4K channel last week instead of on BBC. No biggie because I still had my recording and was able to watch it without commercials when I chose to, even though I can only watch it on the 4K tv and no where else in the house. Last night I had a recording set up on Fox that has been recording fine on our local channel 5 for the last 3 weeks. I live in GA so I didn’t notice it was recording from the HD Fox Eastern channel 398 since it was set for the same time. I tried to start watching the show when it was about halfway through the recording and wasn’t allowed to watch it. I have two Fox shows I’ve recently set up are recording from channel 398 now instead of channel 5.

After the Fox HD channel incident last night I looked at my Series Manager and noticed any show I set up to record in January shows it’s recording across “All Channels” and anything I set up in December or earlier shows one designated channel I’m recording from. I think this means only a couple of the newer shows I recently added to series recordings will need to be checked before they record, but this is annoying to have to manually adjust them for the time being. It defeats the purpose of a series recording!! I’ve made attempts to set up the recordings in different ways (through the guide, search, etc.) and they all end with it recording from all channels. Annoying! Hopefully they fix the issue soon.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem here. Directv has taken a major step backwards since AT&T took over. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.